𝐂𝐡.18: 𝐄𝐱𝐚𝐦𝐬

3rd pov

Exams. An important education assessment intended to measure a test-taker's knowledge, skill, classification or aptitude in many topics. For something that was so ingrained into the education system, its existence proves to be divisive amongst many people.

On one side, exams can stimulate the learning aspect within students. With a good result, you could practically achieve the future career you desire thanks to the opportunities it provides. After all, there's a reason people place emphasis on its existence in the first place.

On the other side, it was undeniably a source of stress and anxiety amongst students. Exams could be a source of low self-esteem and makes you feel defeated. Plus, exams doesn't accurately represent the intelligence of an individual, as much as some may deny.

This was the reason Min Joon wasn't a fan of exams. While he does respect its existence, its negatives were a huge turn-off for him. In fact, he'd argue that his country handle it poorly. Not in terms of academic achievements, but more so the mental toll it took on people's health.

Even though South Korea is known as one of the top ranked education system of the world, it came at the cost of sleepless nights and mental health. Its rigorous and competitive nature was often blamed for the high su*cide rates here. Not that his would ever get acknowledged, but he assures himself that his grades aren't the reason for them.

Still, he couldn't help but view it as something miserable. Something that everyone including himself must accept in this society. But hey, at least his goal was on the realistic side; having decent grades should do the trick.

Not like he'd live past high school anyway.

Hence, the reason he was heading to the library to study. Something out of his comfort zone as he much prefers studying at home. But what could he do when Daniel asked him out on a study hangout? Surely having a study group won't affect the course of his world, does it?

Besides, it's not like he coyld rely on NewTube for study comfort. He find himself more distracted there, plus the only study NewTuber he subscribed to was on a exam break. His mind couldn't think of the name right now, but his circular glasses was memorable to say the least.

He brushed that thought off immediately. Time to leave the house, damn it!

Leaving the house, he was munching on his piece of bun as he makes his way to the bus station. Arriving there, he threw the plastic wrapper that he held away before the bus made its grand entrance. Once inside, it'd take at least 10-12 minutes before arriving at his destination.

Yongsan. The district smack in the middle of Seoul. The district where J-High School held its operations. And most importantly, the place where most students could study at the nearby library. Quite the convenient spot for a study group.

With the bus departing to the next station, it wasn't long till he arrived at the entrance. A small building whose design stood similar to public schools. Alas, his eyes focus on a familiar group of people, with one of them waving their hand as he called out his name.

"Daniel, nice to see you." greeted Min Joon, shaking his hand. Besides him were Duke and Jiho, who were greeting him with a smile. A few seconds passed before Duke asked them to come in, entering the library as a group of four.

Almost immediately, all the attention was on Daniel thanks to his looks. Not that Min Joon mind that stuff, but being called one of his underlings got him feeling pure disgust. That's not even close to the truth, the distance's too far to count for such. Same thing for Duke and Jiho, but it's not like society can change in the matter of a single action.