𝐂𝐡.14: 𝐆𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐄

3rd pov

Can't believe that he's repeating this, but today is another day of freaking school. You may think it would've bored him out at this point, and honestly it should've been had it not been for the past few days. In fact, he'd like to call it the epitome of a chaotic school week.

Ever since the announcement of the annual school festival, everyone was busy preparing for the big day. Flyers promoting the event went rampant across the school, encouraging everyone to invite as much people as they could. The field was busy setting up the various booths and stages required, while the cafeteria was busy whipping up food designated for the occasion.

Moreover, it wasn't just the staff workers taking this serious. In fact, he believed that the departments are the ones taking this even further, seeing this as an opportunity to showcase their talents. That perfectly explains the higher than normal rate of people's activities surrounding the place.

The constant smell of baked goods. The overflowing garbage bins filled with all kinds of stuff. People singing and rapping their hearts out on a daily basis. Suffice to say, it was indeed a stressful and chaotic week. So much for wanting some peace.

The fashion department were no exceptions. He heard that his seniors were busy preparing for a fashion show, one of the three famous events for the festival. The other two were the charity auction and the talent show, whatever the latter was called. But that could be talk about much later, since he isn't going for either of them. That belongs to his classmate Daniel, whom he felt pity for going through what's essentially a slave auction for a single date.

Putting his salty comment aside, that wasn't the main focus on Min Joon's mind. Rather, it was learning that Daniel and Duke were hanging out together more. After all of his initial worries, it was relieving to learn that the changes in the path didn't alter from its original outcome. That being, Duke and Daniel starting a friendship together and should be set to perform that day.

Still, Min Joon wouldn't count on such miracles for every single time things diverge from the canon. Just because he got lucky once, doesn't mean it'd most likely happen again. Things would've been easier if the latter was true, but reality can be a bitch sometimes.

But this isn't time to delve into complicated thoughts. This is the time to think about the festival. For once, having 'fictional' people being there was a good motivator for Min Joon to be weirdly interested in this so-called social event.

So much for wanting to stay at home. Well played.

Anyway, it was a pleasant sight to see Duke more willingly to eat lunch with them. Comparing to their first encounter, this was quite the massive improvement for the two. Min Joon could feel the blossoming friendship between them, all while him and Jiho eats their food on the sidelines on the table.

While it initially went like any other day, all of that changed when Duke told them that he want to show them something later. Hence, the reason their meals were finished earlier than usual. The four of them then went out of the school building and gathered at the surrounding pathway that was filled with greenery. Nothing like relaxing here in the city life.

Turns out, Duke called them here to review a piece of paper. A piece of paper that details the song that he wrote for the festival, to perform with Daniel together. As he passed the sheet to him, Min Joon and Jiho also glance at it alongside him to see what Duke wrote.

Looking at the lyrics, Min Joon was rather amazed by the lyrics he wrote. Shame that society is too judgmental on appearance, because why the hell isn't Duke getting the props he deserves as a lyricist? The song was indeed a masterpiece in terms of content alone, and it seems that the others shared the same sentiment.