𝐂𝐡.26: 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐏𝐭.1

3rd pov

A few more days passed since he brought Jiho back to his home. A few more days passed since he first met the mother of his classmate. Or...friend? Acquaintance?

Eh, he'd think about it later.

Jiho already thanked him for bringing him home, but that was the only thing he talked to him about within this few days. He was mostly greeted by silence, as his gambling addiction essentially replaces any connection he many have formed. Not like Jiho reciprocated most of them anyway.

Hell, he'd argue that Jiho looked the worst when something's troubling him. He once glanced at the boy walking down the hallway silently. When the same 'friend' tried to bully him, the way Jiho told him to fuck off was nerve-wrecking enough for that fake bitch to fade into obscurity. Not that he cared about that guy, he can rot in hell for all he knows. Jiho's the more concerning one since he has a much bigger screentime.

Today was no different. His pride stood in the way of any interactions, so he could only sit alone in silence. While he normally won't mind eating alone by itself, the unusual misstep of his normal school lunch routine does tick him off a bit.

"Something bothering you?"

He quickly turned around to spot Soo-Yuen again, who glanced at him with a curious look. Gosh, can't he have some public peace?

"What makes you say that?" he sighed, not wanting to deal with this right now.

"Your tone and your stance says otherwise." she answered. "And the way you stared at Jiho."

"...Since when were you good at reading people?"

"Old habits."

He was understandably left confused, but he shrugged it off from a sip of water.

"His face looked like he was going through shit."

"Have you tried talking to him yet?"

He looked over a table where Jiho was sitting alone with contempt in his eyes. "Not really. Not like it would get through his ears."

He wasn't wrong about that. And she figured that out through his single glance.

"Well, if that's what you think... I won't judge you." she noted before eating her food beside him. "You don't mind me talking to you?"

"Aren't you already doing that?" he raised his eyebrow in confusion. Soo-Yuen let out a giggle before saying, "Welp, you're not wrong."

Hold up, maybe he can use this opportunity to know Soo-Yuen more...

"So, how did you become cousins with Mira again?" he asked her with curiosity.

"Her father is from my mother's side." she casually explained while chewing on her food. "I could smell the sibling bond whenever they're together."

He chuckled a bit from that line. "Really? That's amusing."

"I know, right? I could see where my Korean side comes from."

"Wait, you're half-Korean?" he jerked up while raising her eyebrows.

"Would you treat me differently if I was?"

"N-No, I won't. What do you think I am, a karen?" he shook his head over that notion. Soo-Yuen chuckled in amusement, finding his current expression funny for such an introvert. She then stopped before answering his question.

"Oh, please. I was just teasing you." she rolled his eyes before things went quiet.

"Well, to be more specific, my Dad's the one whose half-Korean. Taiwanese, if you'r wondering."