𝐂𝐡.28: 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐨?

3rd pov

If someone told Min Joon that the risk of getting sick from rain was a reality, he would've just shrugged it off and told them a hoodie shall be fine.

Whoever that 'someone' is, they surely must be laughing now that he's down with the cold. Turns out, tossing the umbrella away upon seeing an important fight wasn't a great idea afterall. Who would've thought long-term exposure to the rain could lead to a cold? Min Joon felt silly over his own ignorance, but it wasn't like his health would be heavily affected by it. Just as long death isn't waiting by the door, he ain't gonna deal with that when his goal isn't finished.

Still, he had a pleasant time staying at home throughout his rest. He already submitted a letter to his classroom teacher stating his absence, giving him about a week to not bother about school stuff. It was rather surprising for a school of such prestige to accept this quickly, but J High School ain't no ordinary school anyway.

Not like there's any other explanation aside from manhwa logic. But at least it shall be a peaceful break from school in general.

Thankfully, his cold got better the moment Friday arrives. His once-runny nose have since downgraded into an occasional sneeze. He may not be great mentally, but at least the opposite was true for his physical health. Just what he needed for his goal, he believed.

Speaking of which, Friday just so happen to be the school's annual sports day. One may think Min Joon felt bad for not joining, but he was more than delighted to not come anyway. Even though he may miss out on an 'important' event, its importance largely focus towards Daniel than himself. He doesn't need to go through an inferiority complex like a certain boxer should. Plus, him not being a sports fan lessen his guilt over skipping the entire day.

Besides, who wouldn't want a break from school?

Waking up from his bed, Min Joon went to brushed his teeth before checking on his phone. The time was stated to be the afternoon, meaning he'd have to settle for lunch as his replacement for breakfast. He didn't mind that aspect as a result of his inconsistent sleeping schedule, he pretty much got used to it at this point. As for the lunch itself, he settled on some instant ramen with a fried egg on top. A simple dish for a lazy guy for him.

Once everything was prepared, he poured himself a glass of cold water to freshen his mouth a little. He then sat on the couch and turned his computer on before eating his food. As he scrolled through the Newtube site, he checked up his channel to see it was performing better than ever before.

Ever since Jake was arrested, Toto could no longer sustain itself from bankruptcy and shut its operations down. It led to anyone who worked there getting arrested by the police. Such incident made headlines over the Internet to the point the word 'Toto' itself was trending in Korea. Despite being released after the arrestment, Min Joon's video regarding the topic elevated its presence further to the point of amassing 1 million views within a week.

All it took was some texts explaining the situation, security camera footages of their operation that Mr. Unknown somehow obtained, and an editing software on his computer to put it all together. How interested was the algorithm for it to went viral this quickly? Min Joon couldn't think of many answers aside from the topic itself, but who would question the algorithm anyway? It can be quirky sometimes.

The same can't be said for his subscriber counts. While it certainly increased to around 10k subs, its growth rate paled in comparison to the video. In fact, it seemed that the Internet choose to focus more on the video and less on the creator. While it may sound like he's offended by this outcome, he recognised the fact this was considered normal within the website. Nobody could instantly gain a lot of subscribers the moment virality hit them. Unless they're a big Newtuber or used bots, his subscriber count can be considered as the norm in terms of growth.