𝐂𝐡.10: 𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐚𝐲

3rd pov

A school day on Friday is a step closer to freedom.

That's what lingers on Min Joon's mind as he walked down the hallway with Big Daniel. The latter asked him if he wanted to accompany him for lunch, to which he politely agreed. Who wouldn't want to sit next to the main character? Quite uncharacteristically for him in general, but characteristically inclined for fictional characters like him.

Walking beside him, he noticed how many people grasped their attention on Daniel. Everywhere he goes, his presence can enchant anyone around the room like a male lead in a romance manhwa. Min Joon couldn't help but feel envy about that kind of attention, while simultaneously grateful for not being the one on the spotlight.

"Hyungseok! Min Joon!!" greeted Zoe walking beside us. "So, how are you feeling today?"

"I'm doing well, thanks for asking." responded Min Joon in a nonchalant tone.

"Same, I'm fine." responded Daniel. Min Joon was thankful that his friend isn't drunk currently. The events that transpired yesterday were a handful to handle, to say the least.

As they entered the cafeteria, Min Joon saw Jiho struggling to balancing a meal on his head and on his hands, topping it off with a phone to his right ear. Seeing him struggling got Min Joon to walk towards him with a helping hand.

"Hey, need a hand?" he offered his help. Before Jiho could even respond, he took the trays from his head and placed them on a nearby table.

"It's you, Min Joon." he spoked with surprise. "What a shocker, huh?"

"Jiho? Why didn't you come yesterday?" asked Daniel.

"I couldn't wake up yesterday." he explained after putting the remaining trays on the table. As he went into detail about the previous night's events, Min Joon yawned over hearing the same thing and stared at the table. This was indeed the goons' table, such lazy folks treating a 'loser' as their guinea pig. Such sore losers...

"I'm glad. I was worried, y'know?" spoked Daniel calmly. Jiho found it confusing, wondering why is he and Min Joon acting friendly. But what follows was something that caught him off-guard.

"Let's cut to the chase." sighed Min Joon, putting his hands in his pockets. "Do you want to eat with us?"

Jiho gasped at the request. He was speechless over his offer, he definitely heard the whispers of the girls' jealousy. I mean, he was offered a chance to sit with Daniel, Min Joon and Zoe of all people? Why would they offer such a thing to a loser like me?

"I-I'll accept." he responded, making Daniel chuckled a bit. Min Joon, on the other hand, was grateful that this could be an opportunity to grow his friendship with the complicated person. He just gotta hope that Jiho doesn't use him to enhanced his image like what he'll do to Daniel. He must find a way for his impression of him to be one of genuine friendship, not one of a backstabber. But where shall he start?

"So...Why were you trying to walk with a lunch meal on your head?" he started. "Wouldn't the risk of dropping it increased?"

"Well..." he opened his mouth but couldn't say anything.

"Was it those goons again?" he guessed.

"How do you know?" confused Jiho.

"Do you think I forgot what happened a fortnight ago? My guess is that they didn't let you off the hook, huh?"

He nodded in silence, albeit with a hint of hesitation in his voice.

"Um...So what do you think about the food?" asked Daniel, taking a bite out of the kimchi.