𝐂𝐡.25: 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭

WARNING: Mentions of gambling. You've been warned.

.

.

.

3rd pov

Hanging out in a nearby café sounds like a good way to relax from the tedious school life. While he would normally go towards the comfort of his home once school was over, his throat was in dire need of anything other than water. Thankfully, there were several nearby cafes within the school area so that shouldn't be a problem.

Upon first glance, he initially assumed that 'Star Coffee' was a newbie within the café industry. A quick internet search proves that they were only new to the Korean market. They held quite the monopoly towards international markets, often regarded as the 'Starbucks' of the café industry.

Or at least, that's what he'd call it considering Starbucks doesn't exist here. The 'R' mode is really out here exposing some secrets to him, huh?

Opening the door, he was greeted by the plain interior that exudes a comforting atmosphere akin to the average café experiences. The seating were never the same from each other, with the colours being the only thing connecting each other. Talk about a lack of consistency on its parts.

He walked inside the place while passing by several students, who were either chatting or doing their work. Normally, he wouldn't be bothered by these sorts of activities for privacy's sakes. But how could he not be intrigued when the conversations consist of nothing but gambling? Even the people in front of him were talking about it like some kind of new gossip.

Once it was his turn to order, he was faced with a familiar face wearing a standard barista uniform. A long white shirt that has its sleeves rolled up to expose his right-arm tattoo, accompanied by a long black barista apron. Suffice to say, he looked good with that kind of cafe drip of his.

"Hello. What would you like to order?" he greeted him before he widened his eyes. "Nice to see you, Min Joon."

"You recognised me, Bum Jae?"

"Of course. Vasco considers you a friend, which means you're probably trustable."

Damn. He did not expect that coming from his mouth. Considering he rejected his invitation to his party, it was surprising Vasco still see him in a good light. Though, pettiness doesn't suit Vasco's character at all.

"I would like a honey lemon, please."

"Coming right up."

As soon as he said that, Jace proceed to prepare his drink. Min Joon then plucked his earphones to his phone before wearing it, scrolling through his playlists while pondering his music choices.

"Duk Hwa, have you tried this new website yet?"

"I have no interest in that, Jiho."

Min Joon turned behind to spot the two schoolmates seating at a nearby couch. It wasn't long till Jiho did the same towards him, widening his eyes upon laying his eyes on him.

"Hey, Min Joon." spoked Jiho as he gestured him to come over. Min Joon gave him an 'okay' finger sign before Jace passed him the drink. He then scanned the QR code to transfer the payment to the café before thanking the barista of Burn Knuckles. He then settled into his seat after placing his drink, facing the two before opening his mouth.

"So what were you two talking about?"

"Oh, we were just talking about this new gambling website that's currently all the rage." explained Jiho. "It goes by the name 'Toto'. Want to see?"