𝐂𝐡.9: 𝐓𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐨 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐞

3rd pov

By the time the lunch bell rang, his eyelids could barely keep themselves open. Never would he thought get bored from a fashion subject. Then again, he wasn't expecting today's lesson to be just like any other lessons; a textbook and a teacher explaining the contents of the book. He should definitely check his own expectations.

Not to say that having a late night sleep doesn't contribute to his issues, but he was already expecting that from the get-go. It was all worth it to see Daniel meeting Vasco for the first time, an essential moment that kick-started their friendship. Oh, and Jiho was also there. Not much to say about him, other than hoping he won't use this new friendship for his own gain. And even if that happens, what would get from an average boy like him anyway?

Speaking of him, Jiho was absent for today. Min Joon was amused by this outcome, but quickly remembered that he doesn't have insomnia like him. Such a shame, he would've tried to hang out with him. Maybe even change his fate a little?

No, best to not do that. Who knows how much would change upon preventing his fate? Maybe even the current storyline of Lookism will change too, and that'd throw him off for sure. Sucks that the webtoon stays the same despite the changes, otherwise he won't be debating this dilemma right now. Well, expect releasing the latest chapters in an inconsistent fashion.

But enough about that, time for some fucking food.

Leaving his classroom, he passed by many students who probably were also heading to the cafeteria like him. Nothing speaks of this school more than the ever-presence hierarchy surrounding the seven departments. In fact, him being in the fashion department is akin to being on top of the food chain.

Consisting of 7 departments over a 3-year education, the school experience can largely differ depending on what department you choose. For example, students from the Comic and Animation department are often ridiculed for simply being on it. Its status as 'the department for losers and otakus' puts it on the bottom of the food chain. So to any aspiring artists, best to pursue your dreams elsewhere.

Another instance of anime lovers and artists being looked down in a bad light. Sounds familiar?

Thankfully, a gentle reminder from the lunch lady snapped him from his thoughts. He apolgised for taking up the queue before leaving with his lunch tray intact. He then made up his mind the moment he saw a familiar person talking to another familiar person.

"Hi, Hyungseok. How's the lunch?" he asked him.

"Tastes nice, Min Joon." he smiled. The aforementioned guy noticed the slightly irritated expression that was coming out of Zoe, so he decided to greet her.

"Oh, and hello. Ha Neul." he greeted her before taking a bite of his meal. "Damn, this curry tastes so good!"

"Hehe." she chuckled with a fake smile.

"By the way, do you know who Vasco is?" asked Daniel.

"Oh, you wanna know him? Why?"

"I-I was just curious."

"Well, his real name is Lee Euntae. He leads the Burn Knuckles in the Architecture department, which is the leader of."

"Leader?" asked a curious Daniel.

"He runs a gang?" asked Min Joon, despite knowing the answer.

"He's nice to the weak, but hates bad guys." chimned in one of the goons. "A brawny idiot. That's who Vasco is." he went near Daniel's ear.

"Okay, since when the hell were you here?" asked Min Joon. Seriously, when does this scenario follow the Netflix route?

"Yeah, what are you doing?" groaned Zoe. "You're interrupting my super romantic lunch with Hyungseok."