𝐂𝐡.21: 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

3rd pov

A boring, white ceiling. That is the first thing Min Joon saw after opening his eyes. After adjusting into a sitting position, he felt a sense of déjà vu upon looking around the room.

Everyone about this room unlocked a sense of familiarity across his brain. The overbearing presence of white, the same row of conveniently-sized beds that don't feel comfortable in the slightest, the tall familiar-looking shelf with only a box of tissue to spare, and the same white patient gown that he wore once. Call him crazy or something, but why does the room looked exactly like the room he woke up in after his suicide attempt.

Or maybe it was all just some silly coincidences. Hospital wards tend to have the same generic colour palette, so his belief wasn't far off.

"What the actual hell...?" he spoke in confusion, letting out a yawn before he covered his mouth. He then grabbed a tissue by the other hand and rubbed his eyes with it. This effectively confirmed that he wasn't, in fact, hallucinating. Instead, a few more questions appeared inside his mind.

What the hell happened last night? He's certain he didn't sustain any injury from the incident, so why was he here?

He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a knocking sound. Likewise, he looked over at the door to see a girl with wavy black hair coming in with her glasses. Her blue hospital uniform reminded him of her familiar-looking figure, while also adding another evidence to the same hospital theory.

"Ah, you're awake." she spoked gently before closing the door. Even her voice felt familiar to coincidental levels.

"Um...can I have a cup of water?" he politely requested. 

"Sure, right away." she smiled before filing a small plastic cup with water from a nearby dispenser. Upon passing the cup to him, Min Joon immediately took a sip before asking a question.

"So, where am I? I meant the hospital name, the environment's familiar alright."

She let out a chuckle before telling him, "You are in Hanguk University Hospital. Surely you remember this place, Kim Min Joon?"

Yes, yes he did. That certainly answered his question. No longer can he call it coincidental, it was the real deal.

"You remember my name?"

"Absolutely. Hospitals keep your medical records, afterall."

Shit. Why did he ask such a stupid question? It makes sense she'd recognise him from the medical records, for fuck sakes!

"Well, how did I end up here this time?" he asked her, changing the subject to hide his embarrassment. 

"You passed out in the ambulance last night. The staff thought it was best to put you here free of charge. You were too exhausted to respond anyway." she gently explained.

Right. The hectic fight left him in a state of exhaustion last night. As helpful as Samdak's videos were, pulling out a successful technique consumed more of his energy than he expected. For a lazy amateur like him, you could say it made too much sense for his exhaustion to occur.

At least he slightly improved from last time. Better have some progress made than making none at all, he supposed. Even if it wasn't a big leap of progress.

"If you're wondering, I don't know why they made that decision. Don't ask me."

That...was the exact question he about to ask. Her response left him wondering if she could read someone's mind. Even though it sounds unrealistically, anything is possible when you're living in a manhwa world.