🌺"Daycare."🌺(Part 1)(Shuichi×Kokichi)

Shuichi's PoV:

I was an average highschool student.Doing my best in school and keeping a close circle of friends.Spring break had just begun and most of my friends had began jobs either for money or for something fun to do during the break.

A close friend of mine from highschool,Kaede Akamatsu, began to work at a daycare from the previous spring break and she went back there this time.I decided I wanted to study so I wouldnt join her.Plus,I was terrible with kids.I could never understand their reasoning.

One late morning while I sat at home,Kaede messaged me.She told me she had forgotten one of her notebooks at my house from the last time we had a study session together.Kaede said she would come get it but she was at the daycare at the moment and couldnt leave her co-worker all alone.

I didnt have much to do that day,so I decided I would just bring the notebook to her at the daycare.She said it was fine but I insisted.I didnt mind helping out.I'd just stop by and give it to her.I'd be in and out.

Kaede sent me the address of the daycare she worked at.The minute I was finished getting ready,I left my house and went to that location.It wasnt that far,and it was nice to get out and stretch my legs.

After about 15 minutes of walking,I approached a building.The building had a wide area but only seemed to have one floor to it.I decided to take in the building features.It wouldnt hurt,right?

Its outside walls covered in blue paint with a pattern of many pink and yellow butterflies across it.It was cute.There was also frontyard with benches and sandpits,and a small playground right next to it.From the structure,there was no backyard,which meant from the front gate to the back of the building was the entire property.

Once I stepped onto the property through the gate seperating the property from the sidewalk and road,double doors facing the entrance gate,decorated with flowers and rainbows, suddenly burst open,and dozens of kids rushed out onto the grassy yard and playground.

They all looked around 4 to 5 years old.I stopped in my tracks.I was never good with kids so seeing so many out of nowhere just spread in the area made me....abit nervous.Thankfully,the next person to walk through those doors was my friend,Kaede.

She looks abit worn out as she exited the building.I assumed it was some sort of recess for all the kids,thats why they all left the building.

Then,Kaede and I made eye contact.
A relieved smile appeared on her face once she saw me.She quickly walked over me,making sure not to interupt the kids running zigzag all over the yard.

This is when I noticed her uniform.Well,if you can call it that.It was a white T-Shirt with a pin on her chest with her name on it.She was wearing a dark blue jeans and sneakers aswell.But the most noticable thing on her was the thin,sky blue apron that was wrapped around her.I mean,kids are messy,aprons are probably required.

"Saihara-Kun!Im glad you didnt get lost!"

Kaede beams.

"It wasnt that hard to find."

I laugh nervously.
She was a good friend,I appreciated her kind and understanding attitude toward everything.

"Here you go."

I hand her the notebook,the only reason why I stopped by the daycare.Kaede took the pale purple notebook from me with a huge smile.

"Thank you so much!I appreciate you coming all this way."

Kaede bows slightly.
Our conversation was being slightly overrun by laughter and joyous screams as the set of kids ran all around in the yard,where we stood.