🌺"You Can't Hear Me?"🌺(Part 1)(Shuichi×Kokichi)

Shuichi's PoV:

My love life was never something I focused on.I didn't need a lover,just friends and family.It never crossed my mind that some day,I might fall inlove with someone.Dating alone seemed difficult,so I was pretty surprised to find myself in a situation similar.

One day,I found myself in a chat room where all the participants talked about an ongoing mystery series that I was a fan of.Everyone had their theories and assumptions,and it was very fun to discuss all possible endings of the series.

During the chats,a certain participant caught my attention. His username was SilentlyPurple23.The way he spoke and the amount of emojis he used were eye catching,not to mention his out of the box theories that...actually made sense somewhat.

I was usually the first to reply to his messages in the chat,but we never really spoke in our own private chat room.From his messages,he seemed like a fun person to be around and I wanted to get to know him more,maybe he was a new online friend?

One evening,I came back from school and immediately checked the chat room,ready to reply to any new messages about the mystery series.Though there were messages in the chat room,a separate chat caught my attention.It was a private one.

My heart stopped once I realized who it was.It was the SilentlyPurple23 guy.He had friended me and privately messaged me to talk.I was excited.We could finally talk all alone together.He seemed so interesting.

He started off by asking me a question about the series.From then on,we spoke about everything.The series,school,hobbies and more.We became true online friends.Some part of me was worried he wasn't who he said he was but...for right now,I enjoyed his company.He was what I looked foward to after school.

Then,I summoned enough courage to ask him if we could exchange phone numbers so we could text.He didn't hesitate to agree.Once I saved his number,we finally exchanged eachother's names.His real name was Kokichi Oma,and he was 17 like me.

We continued to talk all day,everyday.Just talking to him cheered me up,no matter what was going on.Some part of me was still worried I was being catfished,but I didn't dare ask anything,worried he'd get offended and stop talking to me.
Then,one day out of nowhere...

K.O:"Hey.Can I see what you look like?  :)"

My heart sunk into my stomach.
I was just laying in my bed on a cloudy Saturday,until I sat up with haste,panicking.He suddenly wanted to see my face?He knew my name,my age and now he wanted to know what I looked like?

At first I was scared he'd use the picture to find my location or something,but then I came up with a better idea.A video call.If we called,I'd be able to hear his voice and see what he looked like at the same time as he got to look at me.Id be able to verify all the things he told me about himself up to this point.

S.S:"Sure.We can video call so I can see what you look like aswell."

But strangely...he declined.

K.O:"A call?Sorry,I don't usually do calls at all,Shuichi. :("

S.S:"Oh no,it's alright.We don't have to!"

I was alittle suspicious.
As a teenager,he didn't do calls?That felt alittle weird.I wasn't disappointed for long though,since he quickly replied...

K.O:"But I can show you a picture of myself,since you seem so suspicious~!"

Then,he sent a picture right under that message before I could even think of what to reply with.My heart was beating so fast as I scroll downward to look at the picture.Then,my breathing hitched.