55. Logan and Jerry by stereoactive

55. Logan and Jerry

Pizzeria boy and psychic girl by stereoactive

1. Can you tell us more about you?

Well, I'm Ishaana. I'm from India, I love music and writing and it is my life's goal to become a Latina somehow. I adore puns and pick up lines, no matter how cheesy. Dylan O'Brien, Jennifer Lawrence, Matt Murdock, Percy Jackson, Leo Valdez and Kate Bishop basically sum up my life, and winky faces are my weapon. Aaaaand this is getting too long so I'll just leave it at this - I love you, human.

2. From where did you get the idea of Pizzeria Boy?

This is really lame, but one night, I was sick and delirious and craving pizza (what's new about that), and I thought, 'hey, why not write a book where a girl calls into a pizzeria and falls in love?' The next morning, I woke up and after a while, I remembered this and decided to make it an all dialogue story and, boom. Pizzeria Boy was born.

3. What do you think makes your books different from the others?

Now, how to answer this without sounding odd? I really adore writing, and even though I know I'm not the best at it, I continue. I think my books are happier than most others? I guess I can't write stuff too sad or emotional and make it authentic because then it gets too up close and personal. But, people seem to like my humorous, light writing, and I am so grateful for that. It's so nice to have people appreciate my stuff and like it even through all the flaws. Also, I write a little too much, but I'd like to think my writing style's unique? It's sarcastic and light and very personal to the character themselves, I think, and I like that. Obviously, I need to venture into new genres (believe it or not, fantasy was my first and is my favorite no matter what) and styles, and I'm getting there!

4. Among all your female characters whom you do relate to the most?

Taylor, I think. She has that thing where she doesn't want to disappoint anyone and can't bear to say no to people she cares about, but she's also sarcastic and defensive and annoying. She can shut herself out and become emotionless, but she can also be full and verbose and happy. Her entire story hasn't been revealed yet, but she has a reason to be how she is, and she connects with me, even though our back stories are different, you know?

5. What is your favorite quality about Logan?

Logan, Logan, Logan. He's such a complacent fellow, just hangs onto Joey's every word and will do anything to please her. If you ask me, in Pizzeria Boy itself, Joey and Logan were quite flat characters, but something I love about him is his openness. He's so open and giving and a genuinely great guy, I love that. Now a days, we have such screwed up people and characters, it's refreshing to see such a fresh, unadulterated soul.

6. Best chapter of Pizzeria Boy, according to you?

Oh my god, please don't make me do this! I literally can't choose.

7. If Jerry (Cynic) had to give tips on wooing girls, what would he say?

He's not generally the romance kinda guy, but I think he'd say, "If you really and truly think you love her, go for it. Otherwise, it's worthless and a waste of time. Do whatever it takes, because it's rare to have something like this happen to you. Go fucking follow her home with some pizza and a nice cologne (no one likes a smelly dude) and give her the warmest hug you can."

KEEP IN MIND: this is after he met Taylor and fell in love with her.

8. So this is a rapid fire round, you have to answer five questions, quickly. Do not think!

A. Feminism: amen

B. First thing that comes to your mind when someone says Taylor White? Lost

C. Pizza -PEPPERONI

D. What do you love the most about writing short stories?

I love the thrill they give me. Whenever I get an idea and begin writing, I lose inspiration in a flash. With short stories, that doesn't happen. Also, I love writing these little things that say a lot, you know?

E. Which story did you have fun writing the most?

Pizzeria Boy. I think I was just so excited when I got the idea that I literally brain barfed all over my keyboard that day! I never once lost inspiration, I'd write it every day. Also, pizza is my passion, so...

9. Why do you think these texts or conversation types of books are so popular right now?

I think they're very modern, since people hardly talk in person anymore, and you can meet the best of people, without actually meeting them. Also, these stories fascinate me especially because they convey so much through so little. Maybe my stories are all sunshine and rainbows, but stories like 'Draft Messages' for example, are so meaning and emotion filled and just show so much.

10. If you were given a chance to marry a fictional character, who would it be and why?

Leo Valdez, hands down. Team Leo all the way, I mean... he's hot stuff. Flaming hot stuff.

(I cannot agree more, but I also love Nico and Percy)

A/N: Thank you for this fantastic interview Ishaana :)