12. Elliot Fintry by northbynorth

12. Elliot Fintry 

Saving Elliot by northbynorth   

Overview: 

“I keep trying to think of ways to make myself hate you.”

“Kind of hard to do when you're in love with me, isn't it?”He said.

* * * *

Meet Elliot Jensen; she’s stubborn, intelligent, sarcastic, short-tempered and ambitious. Meet Elliot Fintry, he’s impulsive, rude, cold, devious, and reckless. It might be annoying having to share the same name as the person you hate, but it’s even more annoying having to share the same house as them. He’s everything she hates, so why does he make her heart pound at just the thought of him? Winter and summer. Fire and water. North and south. Heaven and hell. This isn’t a love story, this is a story about love.

 Hot and Cold  

You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes.
Yeah, you, PMS
Like a bitch
I would know
And you over think
Always speak
Critically

I should know
That you're no good for me

[Chorus:]
'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up
(you) You don't really wanna stay, no
(you) But you don't really wanna go-o
You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down

We used to be
Just like twins
So in sync
The same energy
Now's a dead battery
Used to laugh 'bout nothing
Now you're plain boring

I should know that
You're not gonna change

[Chorus]

Someone call the doctor
Got a case of a love bi-polar
Stuck on a roller coaster
Can't get off this ride

You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes

'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up
(you) You don't really wanna stay, no
(you) But you don't really wanna go-o
You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down, down...  

by Katy Perry

1.Tell me something which nobody knows about Elliot Fintry?

When he was thirteen, his sister tricked him into eating a toad. He hasn't forgiven her since.

2. What trait of Fintry’s can you most relate to?

Devious. I like to mess with people's head, play tricks on them. Its how I spend my free time.

3. Which section did you most enjoy writing and why?

I've always enjoyed writing their arguments, its the upmost entertainment for me.

4. Is there a message in your book that you want your readers to understand?

Hahahaa, I have no idea. I just write to write. I have a goal in mind but I never really think about the "meaning". that's up to the readers if they wish to divulge a message from the story.

5. Which song describes who you are? Which song describes Elliot Fintry?

I suppose the song that best describes me and my aspirations is North by North by Faded Paper Figures. The song talks about the need to travel and wander and never resting until you must. Discovering new places and people and new sides to yourself you never knew existed. It's what I want in life. The song for Elliot would be Hot n Cold by Katy Perry. Its seriously him. He's quite frustrating in his unpredictability.

6. What were the challenges as you created Elliot Fintry’s complicated character?

The main one would be, at what rate would he start to feel more comfortable around someone? What would they need to do, or say to gain his trust and compassion? That was the tricky bit for me.

7. Is there a possibility of having a bonus chapter in Fintry’s point of view?

Yes! At the end of the book, I will write an extra chapter in his POV. I will the readers vote on which chapter they would like in his POV.

8. So this is a rapid fire round, you have to answer five questions, quickly. Do not think!

A. Thoughts on Lana Del Rey:A dark goddess that brings something new and revitalising to the bland and repetitive music scene. She doesn't sing about the wonders of love or some stupid party she went to. She sings about the darker, addictive and harmful side of love that she has been exposed to so many times. Del Rey is my queen, forever and ever and ever and ever.

B. Favourite Book: Genesis by Bernard Beckett

C. Chris Pine: *breathes hard* ASAJDASLKJLKLKOIKLSD THAT BLUE EYED LITTLE SHIT HAS RUINED MY LIFE. I SWEAR TO GOD, HE NEEDS TO GET IN MY MOTHERF*CKING BED RIGHT F*CKING NOW. JESUS CHRIST. *screams* WHY IS HE NOT MY HUSBAND? WHERE IS THE JUSTICE????? *breaks down and cries* I just. I have a lot emotions when it comes to that man.

D. Profanities you love: F8ck, sh8t, d*ckhead, knobcheese, prick, motherf*cker and wh*re.

E. Love? Food. I love food.

9. Is Elliot based on a real life person or is he a pure figment of your brilliant imagination?

What you may call a "brilliant imagination" my brother calls "f*cking crazy". Elliot Fintry is literally a product of my imagination. I put a lot of negative characteristics together tied them together with his upbringing.

10. You mentioned that the Jensen Brothers are similar to your siblings? Tell us more about it.

I have two younger brothers. A lot of people say that Mac and Arthur are a lot like the Weasley twins, which is completely unintentional. They were inspired by my younger brother and a little bit of my cousins. The older brothers are purely from my imagination.

11. So what is the next project, after you are done with Saving Elliot?

I'm not even sure. I have a shitload of ideas running through my mind and its hard to pinpoint which one I want to commit myself to. All I know is that it will be shorter and a different to SE. I have the urge to write something action-y and humorous.

Thanks the lot northbynorth for this out of the world amazing interview:) The link of SE is on the external link.

A/N: The most awaited interview is here. When i read the interview, i was grinning like a crazy woman, Oh how i love Elliot Fintry. The trailer on the side is mind blowing. I swear i know the lyrics of the song by heart now. The song is 'what i wouldn't do by Serena Ryder' Thanks for the support, i love you all :* Special credit & thanks to @MissIndependent_19 for the amazing questions :)