29. Jonathan Rogers and Dawson Walker by MishaHicks

Faking it and The Reckless Misadventures of Lightning Girl by MishaHicks

Overview:

Faking it

"If the world can’t handle the truth, give them a spectacular lie."

Bitch. That’s what they called me at my old school. I disagree: I’m just brutally honest, that’s all. Some people don’t like honesty.

Exhibit A: Matthew’s family. None of them want to acknowledge that their Golden Boy is gay

Exhibit B: My Mother. I only told her the truth: that she was a crappy parent who never should've gotten knocked up in the first place. But she was so offended that she shipped me off to my fabulously wealthy father and his walking-billboard-for-plastic-surgery of a wife. So I devised a brilliant plan. My new friend Matthew was sick of hiding his sexuality. I was tired of obnoxious rich boys hitting on me. So why not pretend to be dating? He wouldn’t have to answer uncomfortable questions anymore, and I’d enter my new school as the girlfriend of the star quarterback. It should be easy, right? Of course, I didn't plan on falling for Matthew's brother.

The Reckless Misadventures of Lightning Girl 

You might think my relationship with Dawson Walker is somewhat tumultuous, but hey, what do you expect? We have a colorful past. The first time I met him, I had trespassed on his property and he thought I was dead. My name is Violet Raiden Teak, and I dance in thunderstorms.

Life Moves Way Too Fast  

You're the reason I get up to face each hectic day
How did our lives get so consumed with nonsense on the way
We used to take the time to laugh and play a game or two
But now it seems we fight a lot and cry way too much too
So when you go to sleep at night I'll slip in by your side
I'll hold you close and squeeze you tight and feel amazing pride
You're the one that I love best, it's very clear to see
With every day I know I'm blessed that you're a part of me
Now let's just try to slow it down and savor all that's past
For that's what molds our future, and life moves way too fast

by Brenda L. Schafe

1. Can you tell us something about your daily life?

I’m trying and failing to come up with something interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever gone a whole day without saying ‘fuck’. Also, I’m a little OCD. I sometimes get very obsessed with doing things in equal numbers.

2. From where did you get the idea about Faking it?

I absolutely cannot remember. It was years ago. I can’t remember where the original idea came from. I was so sleep-deprived when I wrote and uploaded the first few chapters that I had to go back the next day and read what the fuck I had put on the internet because I couldn’t remember.

3. Tell me more about Jonathan Rogers?

Okay, so I’ll try to tell you some stuff that you probably won’t get to see in the story. Johnathan is one of my favourite characters, but he’s also one of the hardest characters to write.

-Before puberty came along and bitch-slapped him with every possible blessing, Johnathan was an awkward, geeky kid. I actually think y’all would love kid Johnathan. He spent all his time practising music. He went to band camp. He was adorkable.