21. Aaron Ford by fallenbabybubu

21. Aaron Ford

A and D by fallenbabybubu

Overview: He's a jock. I'm not. He's popular. I'm not. He's good-looking. I'm not. And have I mentioned that we're the best of friends? So he loves me... as a friend. Too bad, because I don't just love him... I'm in love with him. --Dakota Evans

____________

Dakota's sarcastic, Aaron isn't. Aaron's a morning person, Dakota most definitely is not. Dakota's a nerd, while Aaron's a jock. Aaron loves High School, while Dakota thinks nothing about school is cool. Who would've thought that these two people are the best of friends? Not many people are happy, that's for sure. Being in love is hard. Being in love with your best friend is harder. Being in love with your best friend who is in an entirely different clique in High School is the hardest.

Where The Street Ends

There’s a place on each road…
Where the street ends…
Well there’s one in your life, too…
It begins with your friend…

You and your friend…
Start to hang out a lot…
You begin to fall for her…
But you don’t want to get caught…

Your heart has been broken
Many times before…
So told yourself…
You would not fall anymore…

Because if you fall in love…
With your best friend...
Just like your life…
The streets going to end…

by Roberto Acuna

 1. Can you tell us something about your life in Philippines?

Sure! Something about my life in the Philippines... It's nothing special, really. I just try not to have any regrets and travel as much as I can. And I can't say much because I have nothing to compare it to. I mean, life in the Philippines is the life I've only known.

2. From where did you get the idea of A and D?

I usually say that A and D was inspired by Taylor Swift's music video of You Belong With Me. But actually, it's not only that. I've been daydreaming so many stuff and the story of A and D was just one of them.

3. Tell me about Aaron from a writer's point of view?

I mean, whenever I write Aaron I just feel that sense of home. I guess I put most of what I want in a guy him that doesn't make him seem unrealistic. He's that boy-next-door that excels in sports and is popular, but at the same time he's really nice. He doesn't give off that ultimate pretty boy hotness. He's just someone that you can't help but have a crush on. He's that type of guy.

4. The book is written beautifully, did you have fun writing it?

Oh, it's incredible. I enjoyed it so much. Everyday of the summer of '11 (when I decided to fully finish it), I looked forward in writing it and getting back in their world. Their world is like a home to me. Granted, there are times when I had some serious writer's block. But it's mostly really fun. Their world... If only it's possible to live in it.

5. Tell us something more about the sarcastic Dakota?

What can I say about Dakota that you don't already know? Well... Dakota wasn't sarcastic all the time. There was a time when she was cheerful and positive. Luke mentioned that in one of the chapters. Sarcasm is her defense mechanism. It's her way of dealing with high school. But really, she's caring and close to her family (especially her brother). In MC (Mismatched Compatibility), she's more outgoing and friendly than who she used to be in high school.

6. Best scene of A and D, according to you?

Wow. Okay, the first thing that came to my mind was the "Locker Scene". Y'all should know what I'm talking about. But we're talking about the 'best' here. The Locker Scene was one of my favorites, but it wasn't the 'best'. And I have to say that the 'best' would have to be the one when Aaron and Dakota broke up their friendship. There's just SO MANY emotions that night. It was heartbreaking, but it also was a huge step for both of them. I just... That night made a lot of people cry. I think that counts for something, right?

7. If Aaron had to give tips on treating girls. What would he say?

Why don't we ask him?

*calls Aaron over* Aaron: Yo, what's up?

Me: Someone asks, if you had to give tips on treating girls, what would you say?

Aaron: I'm suddenly reminded of someone I sure as hell don't want to think about right now.

Me: Ben Stanley? Aaron: (scowls)

Me: Oh-kay. So... the tips?

Aaron: (shakes his head lightly) Right. Tips. Seriously, what kind of guy needs advice on something instinctive like that? Just don't treat girls like some kind of toy or accessory, and don't take them for granted. A girl can make you look good and feel good. So don't be a douche about it. Treat her right. And under no circumstance, shall you physically hurt a female. If you do, you only prove how much of a sorry ass coward you are. *silence*

Me: Wow. You're still not over that thing in high school, are you?

Aaron: (sighs) Yeah, sorry. Nice meeting you though, Saloni. Bye.

*Aaron stands up and leaves*

Me: (shrugs) Well, I guess that's it.

8. So this is a rapid fire round, you have to answer five questions, quickly. Do not think!

A. College: LPU

B. Percy Jackson: Epic

C. Friendliest person on Wattpad: Cheyenne

D. Music: Life

E. Ethan Tyler: Hot

9. What are your projects after you complete Mismatched Compatibility?

WIZE Club and HU (it's a secret ;))

Thanks a lot @fallenbabybubu for this awesome interview! I had so much fun doing it ;) Link of A and D is on the external link.