61. Daniel, Kayden and Jax by claudiaoverhere

Perfect Illusion, Perfect Addiction and Perfect Redemption by claudiaoverhere

1. Can you tell us about yourself? 

My name is Claudia Tan. I'm 17 years old and I'm the author of the Perfect series—Perfect Illusion, Perfect Addiction and Perfect Redemption. I'm a major movie junkie, a book nerd and a singer.

2. From where did you get the idea of Perfect Illusion?

I got the idea from a TMI fanfic that I read a long time ago—back when I had to wait two years for City of Heavenly Fire to come out. I came across a fanfic that was horribly written and wasn't completed. Even though it wasn't a good fanfic, I quite liked the concept of arranged-to-be-engaged. Mind you, this was before I started Wattpad so I had no clue this was a recurring theme in many of Wattpad books. So I borrowed the idea and put my own spin to it. Thus, DALEX was born.

3. What do you think makes your books different from the others?

Most people say that they like my books because I portray my girl protagonists to be strong and independent. And I quite like that. Because I absolutely adore and admire strong female protagonists. I've been an avid reader before Wattpad—like Alex, I've obtained hundreds of books in the past two years—and I absolutely hate it when I come across a weak protagonist who simply cannot take care of herself. I try to break away from those kind of characters. I want to be able to look up to my own characters and I want people to think, "yeah. I wanna be like her. I wanna be strong like her."

4. Which genre do you like to write about the most? Which genre would you like to dabble into more?

I write a lot of new adult romance. Currently, I'm into that because to be honest, it's easier to write. I definitely want to venture into other genres like dystopian or historical but I can't find myself to sit down and do world-building. Maybe sometime in the future. So definitely watch out for that.

5. What is your favourite quality about Jax? 

I love that he's so.... brutally honest. I love the fact that he does bad things and he knows that. Quite often you see him admitting to what he has done wrong. He's so damaged—to the point where even though he knows he's doing the wrong thing, he does it anyway. Because it's a normality for him. And as much as that scares me, it fascinates me—as well as a lot of readers—too.

6. Best chapter of Perfect Addiction according to you?

Gosh, there were too many to count. I think I'd like to say that the last few chapters were a huge accomplishment for me, especially the epilogue. It took me almost a week to edit because a) it was so long and b) I wanted to make sure I delivered a 'Perfect' and realistic ending for my readers.

7. If Kayden had to give tips on wooing girls when they're mad, what would he say? 

He can't woo girls. It's simply not in his nature. If Sienna gets angry at him, he'll probably just pout and pat her on the shoulder, repeating, "there, there."

8. So this is a rapid fire round, you have to answer five questions, quickly. Do not think!

A. Jax v/s Kayden. Pick one: Kayden.

B. First thing that comes to your mind when someone says Sienna? Boss as*s b!tch.

C. What impact has Wattpad made on your life? A tremendous lot. It helped improve my writing. I've gotten far more hard-working too—delivering chapters almost everyday.

D. What's your favourite thing about Malaysia?

The food. We get really creative when it comes to that.

E. Which female fictional character you relate to the most? Sienna. She's the person I want to be and the person I fear that I am.

9. Who are the authors who inspire you?

Cassandra Clare, Colleen Hoover, Jennifer L Armentrout and Taherah Mafi. I love all of them to bits. 

10. If you were given a chance to conjure up any fictional characters from the dead, Who would it be and why?

[Spoilers]I would bring Tris back (from Divergent) and ask her, "Why are you so STUPID?"

Thank you Cluadia for such an honest and amazing interview :) Click on the external link to see her profile. 

A/N: I am so sorry for not updating for four months. College makes you crazy busy. Thanks for putting up with me. You guys are awesome. 

I hope you like the interview. Comment and vote :)

*Shameless advertising*

Please check out my story - Amidst Mumbai and Mantras (AMAM) 

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/42357905-amidst-mumbai-%26-mantras

- Saloni