8. Blake Hamilton by Toasted Bagels

8. Blake Hamilton

Float by Toasted Bagels

Overview: Seventeen-year-old Waverly Lyons is from Vermont; she doesn't do sun. But after her divorced parents can't agree on who gets to have her for the summer, Waverly gets shipped off to Holden, Florida to spend a couple months with her aunt, Rachel. Her hopes for the perfect summer seem crushed. Then she meets Blake Hamilton, Rachel's seventeen-year-old neighbor. He's athletic, outgoing, arrogant, tan, and pretty much Waverly's exact opposite. She's eager to avoid him at all costs, hoping to fit in with the other kids in Holden without drawing too much attention to herself. But when Blake discovers that Waverly has been hiding the rather embarrassing secret that she can't swim, he does the unthinkable: he offers to teach her.

Float

The brightness has died like it couldn't stand the heat
It left us alone on the beach where we met
The fire is dead and the coldness sets in
I'm wearing the same clothes as the first time we kissed
And further than I could ever go
A smile I want to keep forever
Like a beast I couldn't tame
Couldn't keep control
At the time, yeah, until just now
It felt all too much, too big, too bright
It felt much too strong, too overgrown
And like forever, it would last us

...but we were wrong...and now it's gone...

Fallen down in the snow still miles from home
You drag me down lower than I have ever seen
Below the surface you're trapped in sadness
I'm still wearing a scowl I've practiced so long
And deeper than I could ever pull you
A look I want to lose somehow
Like a fear I couldn't conquer
Couldn't over-come
At the time, yeah, until today
It felt all too soft, too safe, too bright
It felt much too tall, too durable
And like forever, it would last us

...but we were wrong...and now it's gone...

And the waves lap up against your precious face
My tired arms keep us afloat a while longer
And you turn to me and breathe
'There can never be forever'
Slowly now, and wholly now
My limbs take on a burning now
And harder now, and breaking now
We sink beneath the waves again
And like forever, it shouldn't fail us
And like forever, it's supposed to last...

...but we were wrong...and now it's gone...

I wave to you, a last farewell
And as I go, I melt inside
And guts all spilt, I sleep so deep
Wishing now to never wake
The stench of death, decaying flesh
Drifting now, on endlessly
On and on in a lonely sea

Another time, another place maybe
Another way, another me maybe
Everlasting soon gives in
Soon disappears and dissipates
Another time, another place maybe
Another way, another you maybe

...and we were young...but now it's gone...

by B.. Alexander

His cold attitude made our hearts melt. He created a flood of love when he offered his help. Everytime he seems like a typical Wattpad man, he seems to do the unthinkable. His unique behaviour and awesome body has created a tide of fans; how much more can we resist? We all want a piece of him!

1. How did you find out about this site?

I heard about Wattpad after some of my favorite authors from Quizilla, the site I used to read stories on, migrated over here.

2. Float is an unusual name. What is the mystery behind it?

I don't think there's that much mystery to it. I just needed a name for the story, and since it's all about learning to swim, I named it after the fundamental skill: floating.

3. Blake Hamilton, who is kind of a jerk yet very hot. Many girls including me love him. Are you also a secret Blake fan?

Secret? No, I'm an out and open Blake fan! And I think it's because I know him (he's my character, so of course I know him), and I know he's not really a jerk. Not deep down.

4. Did the fame of Float ever get to your head? How did you manage it?

I think once or twice I've felt slighted by more "popular" people at school, and sometimes I just glare at them and think "I am more famous online then you will ever be in real life". Which, of course, is ridiculous. But sometimes having such a popular story is really nice to remind myself that I do have a talent and I do have a life, even if it isn't the partying/laughing with friends/being pretty sort of life.

5. Did you ever feel insecure about your stories? Please elaborate?

All the time. I think most authors have this problem, so I know I'm not alone. But I do doubt my writing abilities sometimes, especially after I've just read a really good book and I go "okay now how am I supposed to compete with that?"

6. Accidental Tourists is one of the best short stories? How does that feel?

Wait, who called it best? This is news to me, and it's really flattering news. I wrote that story when I was 15, and it's still one of the things I'm most proud of writing.

7. What is your motive in life?

To improve myself. Writing wise, knowledge wise, confidence wise. Just to expand myself as a human being and be open to things and share my thoughts and imagination with anyone who's willing to listen.

8. So this is a rapid fire round, you have to answer five questions, quickly. Do not think!

A. Thoughts on famous colleague authors: I love them to death! They're so, so helpful. Before Wattpad I floundered around like a fish, but I've found some really great friends here who help me out of my creative slumps.

B. Favourite Wattpad Book: Busgirl Blues (even though it was taken down to be published, which I really hope works out because I'd totally buy a copy).

C. Broken heart: I don't know why but this
phrase makes me think of highly choreographed 90s boy-bands is that normal?

D. California: Best place on the planet.

E. Crazy incident you witnessed: Someone once parked this kid's Smart Car in the library at our school as a senior prank.

9. So what is the next project, after you are done writing Float and Jericho?

College. And no, that's not the title of a story. I'm starting college this year and I'll probably be devoting most of my time to it, considering I'm going to be an English major. I'll be doing lots of writing, it just won't be for Wattpad. But I do hope to finish up Float and Jericho and maybe my other two stories that are still unfinished.

Thanks a lot ToastedBagels for this incredible interview. The link of Float is on external link.

A/N: Hey, everyone. I just want to thank you for the support on this book. Now i know many of you know, more hotties so you can suggest any guy you want from any book here in the comments. I will try to talk with the author. Also with the name of the guy i want a bit description of his personality and character. Thanks!