000. prologue

G O O D G I R L S,
prologue

G O O D   G I R L S, prologue

third person.

"senior year.." layla let out a small sigh as she stared out ahead of her at the ocean in front of them, the space slowly starting to become brighter as the early hours of day passed by and the sun was now ever so slightly risen. "can't believe our last year of high school starts on- technically tomorrow."

"manifesting a hot guy to start," elias crossed his fingers and closed his eyes for a couple seconds as he jokingly prayed, then bursting out in laughter after he had done so.

"i hoping things go well with austin," aurora said, talking about the boy she had begun talking to over the summer. "i really like him.."

"mh.."

"i kinda just wanna make the most of this year with yous.." penelope replied in her softly spoken tone, subtly nodding her head as she accepted her own comment.

"yes, penny," aurora agreed. "no more making school work your main focus- or, well, your only focus."

"i've enjoyed these last few months too much to go straight back into that life," she chuckled.

"oh my god," the boy gasped as a memory came upon him. "seeing you drunk was like the highlight of the summer-"

"no, shut up," she cut him off, shaking her head with a smile plastered across her face. "i don't know what you're talking about."

"plastered out of your mind.. confessing your love for frantzich," layla teased, lightly pushing the girl beside her.

"i don't like him!" penelope slightly raised her voice. "he's a classic jock who's thinks too highly of himself, and the fact he's football captain this year will not help."

"you think he's hot though, admit it," she responded, watching her shake her head once again. "yes you do."

"nope."

"yes you do," elias repeated.

"leave her alone you two," aurora laughed.

"i'd never fall for a jock and their silly little games," penelope stated with a small shrug. "i would never be caught dead with one of those dickheads."

"yeah, but that's until you're walking down the school halls lookin' hot as fuck as you always do, and you finally catch frantzich's eye and he suddenly falls in love with you, like in all the romance movies that you're obsessed with," elias painted the picture. "then you'll be wrapped around that jock's cock-"

"no."

"you're so cute.." he lent over closer to her side and wrapped his arms around her neck, slightly swaying her. "keep dreaming your fantasy then."

"whatever," penelope playfully said, gently biting down on her lip as the smile on her face faded out, her eyes trailing back out towards the ocean. ".. anyway.. i should probably head home before the parents get up for work.."

"yeah, i probably should too," layla stood up, brushing any sand that had gotten on her from the mat off her pants.

"alright then," aurora followed the other actions as the boy also agreed. "time to go and sleep all day."

packing up all their belongings, folding up their picnic mats and getting organised to head home, the four left their bags set on the sand before pulling each other into a group hug and soaking in the moment.

"this is gonna be our year," elias stated.

"mhm," the three girls agreed.

"we're gonna life live to the fullest," layla replied.

"to the fullest.."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
little background to penny and
her friend group to start us off :)