075. we'll discuss it later

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter seventy-five

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter seventy-five

third person.

the following evening the davis family were all sat at the dining table, sharing stories from the day as they ate the meal penelope helped their mother prepare.

although she already usually would, she was doing a little more to help out that afternoon. she knew that particular her father was still disappointed in her for not only sneaking a boy in but also lying to them about where and who she was with, so she was trying extra to make up for it before she were to ask;

"would i be allowed to have a party for my eighteenth?" she looked around the dining table as cecelia turned to bernard while softly humming. "i can help pay for food and.. everything.."

"it's up to you.." cecelia said to her husband.

"like a big party or have your friends coming around for a night?" he questioned the teen.

"she doesn't know enough people to have a big party," the younger sister laughed.

"vivianne!" their mother cut her off.

"sorry," she sarcastically replied.

".. well cause it'll be halloween weekend too, i was thinking maybe planning a combined party..?"

"you're not having a party here," bernard shook his head. "ollie's one was a disaster."

"c'mon, she's never had an actual party in years," the eldest child chimed in. "i'll keep watch, make sure nothing happens."

"roughy how many people?"

"well at least like twenty but a lot of them would probably want to bring a couple of their friends too.."

"so like fifty?"

"i guess.. maybe a little more.. and ollie can invite a few friends too.."

"i'm sorry, i don't want that many people here," he disagreed. "not when we know how teenagers act-"

"were you thinking the friday or saturday, penny?" cecelia brought the table's attention to herself as she interrupted her husband.

"saturday. taylor's album comes out on the friday so i'm busy and will probably be tried from staying up.."

"yes, of course," she nodded with a small smile. "after dinner, remind me, i'll go check if the community hall's booked out yet. if not, you can have it there."

"but that doesn't mean you can invite people with no manners, or turn it into a rager," bernard added. "if the place is trashed at the end of the night you know you're the one going down in the morning and cleaning it up."

"i know," she nodded. "it won't be."

"i wanna go to your party!" leonardo exclaimed.

"you can't it's for me and my friends," penelope softly shook her head.

"but ollie gets to!"

"leo, it's for big kids only, you can have a friend stay here that night, okay?" cecelia made a deal with him.

"okay.."

"you too, viv."

"i don't get to go?!"

"no," she shook her head. "you're too young."

"whatever."

"don't whatever your mother!" bernard quickly responded. "you're fourteen, you don't need to be there."

"so.. just a question.." ollie spoke up. "if the party's gonna be at the hall and they're underage, is drinking allowed? cause no offence but no one's gonna wanna go to her party if there's no alcohol involved especially halloween weekend.."

"we'll discuss it later," cecelia brushed it off.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
quick little filler chapter cause
next chapter's gonna be fun 🤭