061. c'mon let's dance

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter sixty-one

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter sixty-one

third person.

with her parents agreeing to her staying at night at aurora's house with their friends, penelope and their group left the school after the football game and headed to her house to grab a few things for overnight. then leaving it in the girl's car as they all went from there to the house of another classmate.

walking inside the party, penelope's eyes landed straight on jonah who was stood pressed up against ruby with his arms draped over her as they talked with their friends. and although she told him to be with her, it still hurt a little to see it.

aurora was quick to catch onto where the girl was looking and had grabbed ahold of her hand with her other. "come on we're getting you drunk tonight," she snapped penelope out of her thoughts.

"but-"

"no excuses," she shook her head as they stopped on the spot, letting go of her boyfriend's hand and turning to face her friend completely. "you're too good to be dwelling over that stupid boy. we're having fun. you're gonna channel that inner 'i forgot that you existed' and forget him by the time we're walking out the door later."

"i'm all here for this intervention but i've got someone to see," layla spoke up, gently placing her hands on their girl's shoulder. "i'll see you all later."

"have funnn," aurora softly chuckled at her, watching her for a second before turning back to the other. "now penny, you ready?"

"are you ready for it-"

"stop," penelope giggled as she interrupted the marco who chimed in with the lyrics to her favorite artist's song.

"mission forget him begins now."

"i'll try, okay," she replied to the boy. "but i can't promise i'll forget him tonight, especially since he's here."

"at least promise me you'll have some extent of fun tonight," aurora raised a brow.

"okay," she softly nodded.

grabbing ahold of penelope's hand as well as her boyfriend's, aurora lead them and their other two friends who were following behind, over to the drinks table. letting go and picking up five cups, she set them all down separately for them to make a drink each.

and while they were there, jonah and his friends were still stood in the living room. deep in convincing ruby that there has been zero bets in progress that school year in which involved her or the boy since she was unsure if jonah was telling the truth.

"okay so zach, remember a few weeks ago at my party how you said she's hot but you wouldn't date her?" ruby reminded him, watching him hesitantly nod. "why is that?"

"because.." he hesitated while glancing at jonah quickly who was obviously staring him down. "she has a boyfriend already," he answered, remembering they told ruby that at said party.

"mh.. where did she go?" she questioned out loud as she scanned the room for the girl. "i saw her come in before.."

"no," jonah quickly shook his head, causing her to tilt her head upwards to look at him. "let's leave her alone," he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"i just wanna know about this 'boyfriend' and if he's into her fetishes," she shrugged, bringing her head back as she took a sip of her drink.

"let her live," he somewhat awkwardly chuckled.

as the night went on, penelope found herself glancing over at the couple a few too many times. regretting that she wouldn't just accept his apologies but also hating herself for wanting to forgive him after the rumours he had started.

aurora could tell penelope wasn't her happiest self, so once she had gone to use the bathroom around midnight she made a quick detour on the way back to her friends to the boy who lived at the house and requested a song.

"c'mon let's dance!" she smiled holding her hands out for the younger.

"no- why would you ask for this, this is embarrassing," penelope babbled as she rapidly shook her head, a smile plastered across her face whilst hearing the intro to a song she knew too well.

"everyone already knows you adore taylor!"

"but i.."

"find i'll dance by myself then," she jokingly sighed. "that's what people say, mm-mm," she sung along out loud, clearly salt dancing as she showed that people really didn't care. "i go on too many dates. but i can't make 'em stay. at least that's what people say, mm-mm."

"i know how much you're resisting the urge, i mean you're not even sing along right now," elias spoke to the younger, letting out a laugh. "to you're all time fave?"

"it's like i got this music.." aurora came back over closer to the girl, slightly crouching as she sung to the girl; "in my mind, saying it's gonna be alright!" then copying the three claps as she kept dancing alone.

"we'll dance with you two," marco suggested as he stood up, looking at the girl as she continued to hesitant.

"or you can just keep sitting there and miss out," elias shrugged, following his boyfriend's actions.

the two joining in with the elder girl in her dancing, penelope bit down on her lip trying to reduce the smile on her face as she watched them. but finally giving in only seconds later as aurora grabbed her hands and pulled her off the couch.

"baby, i'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake," penelope quietly sung along as the other girl kept ahold of her hands and made her enjoy the moment. "i shake it off, i shake it off."

"i never miss a beat," aurora held on of her hands in front of the girl's sight to prove she remembered the artist's gesture during the line — penelope too doing it, just not as confidently. "i'm lightning on my feet. and that's what they don't se-eee, mm-mm."

over the next minute, the four continued to dance to the song, the two boys and aurora more so than the actual fan. but she slowly found the confidence to not care about who was watching or what they thought, and enjoyed dancing.

"hey, hey, hey!" they all sung to each other as they were in a little circle. "just think, while you've been getting' down and out about the lairs, and the dirty dirty cheats of the world. you could've been gettin' down to this. sick. beat."

"my ex-man brought his new girlfriend, she's like 'oh my god'," penelope sung, touching her hair as she mocked how ruby does, and then following with a shrug; "but i'm just gonna shake it."

"and to the fella over there with the hella good hair," aurora filling pulled her boyfriend into joining the group. "won't you come on over baby. we can shake, shake, shake," she shook her hips across the lower area before going straight
back to dancing with the other.

and after the song had come to an end, aurora pulled penelope into a tight hug. smiles on both their faces. the elder soon grabbing her boyfriends hand and bringing him closer as the other couple got the memo of a group hug.

"see, you can have fun without him!" she said into the girl's ear. "but he wouldn't dance to taylor with you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
this is officially the most chapters
i have in one book! (not including
series of course) so enjoy the little
dance party to celebrate 😄 and for
taylor's bday! (believe it or not, it
was actually for the plot but yk
perfect timing all around lol)