062. i let him lie to me

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter sixty-two

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter sixty-two

third person.

back at school on the monday after her suspension, penelope spent the day building up the courage to properly apologise to ruby for the way she handled the conversation the week prior and the whole situation the two were involved in with jonah.

and once lunch time came around and after eating a quick meal with her friends, she now had the confidence to talk with the more popular girl. her friends deciding to come too, they walked down to the field where they knew the cheer team would be practicing.

the four friends taking a seat on the bleachers as penelope took a deep breath before walking
over to the group of girls.

"hey ruby.." she spoke up, causing the girl
to look over her shoulder at her. "do you mind if we talk quickly? i just want to apologise but if you're too busy right now, that's okay, we can do it another time.."

"quick break," ruby yelled out to the team before turning her full attention to girl. "i actually want to talk to you too.."

"oh? okay.. um do you want me to go first?"

"i really don't care."

"well, firstly, i'm sorry for the way i spoke to last week. i was, as you know, drunk and emotional and clearly wasn't think about the nicest way to break the news to you- and that doesn't excuse anything but really do mean that i'm sorry."

"i'm sorry for in a way trying to rub it in that 'i was with jonah first' because that isn't something to be proud of when he treating you the way he was," penelope continued. "i should've came straight to you when i found out about the on-going bet that those boys had."

"and i promise i wasn't trying to hurt you, i didn't not tell you because of spite or any of that, i genuinely just liked him. and he feed me ideas that all i had to do was some silly dares and then he'll break up with you and use his friends money to take me on date, and of course me who's basically been in love with him for years and obsessed with romance was going to believe that."

"and i'm sorry i let him treat you that way. you didn't deserve it," she concluded. "i know you two are still together now, but you do deserve to know the truth. also not to break you up or anything but there was a couple days last week where he was trying to convince me to get back with him.. and i told him to be with you, i don't want him- i mean i kinda do if he was single but i know i shouldn't- anyway, i wanted to be honest about that happening.."

"right," ruby nodded. "be honest with me now.. you don't have a boyfriend, do you?"

"i've never had a boyfriend," she softly shook her head — knowing exactly what she was referring to.

"he said it to cover himself, didn't he?"

"mhm.. from what i've noticed, he's a jealous person.. he got really shitty with one of his friends when i borrowed their hoodie, then that night you were talking about one of them dating me and the boy got really defensive cause he knew jonah would be mad if he said otherwise.."

"hm," she hummed. "he's never acted like that with me."

"it could just be that he liked that i was this like innocent girl that he got to be like the puppet master of," penelope defended. "he was very aware that he was first kiss and all that. probably liked that no one else has ever done that with me.."

"and you actually spent the friday with him when he was 'away with family'? and the whole kink thing wasn't during the summer."

"he only met me on the first day back," she explained. "i could like show you proof that we only first texted after summer, where i was saying that i've never done anything.. and i know you probably don't trust ollie, but he has messages with jonah that thursday before asking stuff about me for the friday."

"i can't believe i let him lie to me," she mumbled under her breath.

"sorry.."

"i'm probably gonna break up with him but, just so you know, i may like him but also i went into it all knowing that things were never going to be forever and honestly i just wanted to have sex with him. and penny, girl, please, don't bother listening to his bullshit about how he's changed and he's not playing you anymore, its been a week, it's still all lies."

"i know," she nodded, a small smile on her face. "thanks for not being mad at me.."

"honestly, he's a fucking dickhead, worst than your brother," she chuckled. "you're too.. nice to be with a guy like him."

"mh.."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
look at me updating two books
in one day🤭 also i loooveee
when i start writing and it all
comes to me instantly like i wrote
this with no breaks. that is rare
for me these days lol