056. it's not about that

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter fifty-six

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter fifty-six

third person.

the following morning, jonah marched into the principal's office with zero hesitation. the idea to talk him out of penelope's suspension had been lingering his mind since he had left the girl's house. and so that was his plan.

"how may i help you, jonah.." principal sancho let out a small inaudible sigh as the boy shut the door behind himself before taking a seat across from him.

"you need to.." he paused for a second as he tried to find the right word; "cancel, end, whatever penelope's suspension. she doesn't deserve it."

"she's being taught a lesson for the way she behaved yesterday," he simply replied as he kept his gaze on his computer, doing the work he needed to do. "she should've thought about what would happen before she done what she did."

"but like i don't care that she yelled at me, like i don't think she deserved to be suspended over it. it's not like she touched anyone and hurt them. you could've just had her in here and talked with her and that would've scared her enough to not do it again."

"it's not about that jonah," principal sancho shook his head as he turned his attention to the boy. "she skipped class and then showed back up drunk, which not only is breaking school rules and the law since you're all underage, but is disrespectful to you, the other student she verbally harassed, and the teacher she was going to have after lunch and that whole class."

"so you may not care, but the other student expressed that they felt unsafe and i, as principal, needed to take necessary action for penelope's behaviour-"

"c'mon, sir," the jock interrupted him. "i should be the one suspended if anything, i spread the rumours about her- well it wasn't me but i was the one who brought up the.. thing up- anyway, i was dating her and ruby at the same time, and penny would've done the good girl thing and told her the truth.."

"and ruby wouldn't have liked it which why she would've come here crying about how she felt 'unsafe' around penny," he continued to ramble, not necessarily think about what he was saying. "so you shouldn't have suspended her, ruby was just overreacting as she does because penny's not unsafe to be around."

"okay, would you like me to suspend you too then? you know the consequences of you getting suspended, so let me know what you want."

jonah actually thought about it for a moment before answering; "no.. i don't want to be.."

"alright, so go to class, you're now late, and stopping worrying about penelope's suspension, it'll end next week as she was told."

"but sir, you're torturing her-"

"jonah, go to class! the conversation is over!"

"what do i have to do for you to let her come back to school early?" he kept questioning.

principal sancho shook his head as he looked back at his computer again, "go to class and i'll think about it."

"okay, but like you gotta actually think about how she's already learnt her lesson, she not the type to need a week long suspension to do so," he said as he stood up. "don't just forgot about it the second i leave here."

"jonah, you are lucky i'm just letting you off with no consequences after admitting to spreading those filthy rumours about penelope, and after getting into a physical fight with another student yesterday. so if you want to stay caption, you better get going.."

"okay, i'm going," he quickly nodded before dismissing himself from the office.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
this is jonah tryna get on
penny's good side