076. party of the year

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter seventy-six

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter seventy-six

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

third person.

"the party is officially happening!" penelope grinned as her and her friends sat at their usually lunch table. "mom messaged me before."

"that family has gone with a different venue?" marco questioned — she mentioned earlier that her mother was waiting to hear back from the people who had been pencilled in for that night.

"mhm," she nodded. "they wanted something with a play area for their kids."

"even if they wanted the place you mom could've just told them it had accidentally been double book," layla shrugged. "blame it on the intern."

"she doesn't have an intern..?" penelope furrowed.

"they don't know that."

"well it worked out fine so that doesn't matter."

"you could've had it at mine if it didn't," aurora added. "mom wouldn't have cared. she's would've been running that party like it was her own."

"see now that's the problem with teen parents. especially the single ones. irresponsible- i'm joking, love ya mom, she's my fave," elias laughed.

"be careful what you say, if mom finds out you're unwelcome in our house."

"it was a jokeee," he repeated, dragging out the word. "now to work out who's invited!"

"how many can you invite?" layla questioned. "or is more like a psa, get as many people there as we can?"

"i think it hundred, and dad said i have to know at least eight percent by name.." penelope explained. "he doesn't want it to be a disaster.."

"and how are these people arriving being controlled?" elias furrowed.

"they're going to find a friend or something to play security. ollie offered to, but he can't be trusted."

"fair."

"pennyween's an exclusive vip taylor nightclub by the sounds of it," marco chuckled.

"that's what i'm going for," she nodded.

"alright so there's us five, now penny name.." layla took a second as she done the math. "seventy-five more people you know, go."

"and jonah does not count," elias added.

"well first of all there's six of us, austin.." aurora mentioned. "so seventy-four."

"um..well i could piss off jonah and invite his friends," she softly laughed.

"names?" layla jokingly raised a brow. "your father's scary, you gotta follow his rules."

"um.. from his main group there's.. corbyn.. zach, jack, aaand... i can't think of the others name but ollie did say once he's the nicer one of that group, he was the one that told ollie about the shit jonah was saying about me so i think he deserves an invite for being nice."

"alright so ten people," layla softly nodded. "who else can you invite?"

"you can invite that boy your seeing," she mentioned.

"oh i'm.. i'll talk to them, sure."

"ruby and a few of the nicer cheerleaders, um.. austin can bring a couple of his friends. that's like twenty- oh there's lyric, she's in my journalism class, she also likes taylor, her and blakely, her friend, makes twenty-two-o-oo," she sung as her favorite artist does, following with a giggle. "oh and anya, i think she's their friend too."

"hate to say it but we might struggle to name one hundred people you're willing to invite," elias laughed.

"actually it's only eighty," layla corrected. "so under sixty more."

"i'll invite the nice people from my class, okay," she argued. "i have the weekend to write out a list of who i want. now, since we're older now and everyone seems to be careless and publicly talk about their parties and don't care who show up, would it be weird to bring back actual invitations?"

"no," aurora quickly disagreed. "people will know everything then and remember about it."

"would it be weird to hand out friendship bracelets with them to keep the taylor theme?"

"that's so cute," marco exclaimed. "do it."

"it can be like their way into the party," elias agreed. "vip wristband vibes, except it's a string with beads on it."

"you have all those fun beads that you can't just buy at the store, choose a signature one so no one fakes them," aurora added.

"i doubt people are gonna go to the efforts of making a bracelet just to get into an eighteenth," layla furrowed. "where penny's planning on just playing taylor."

"who knows, this just might be the party of the year," marco replied. "the whole school just might want to be there."

"i don't know, i argue that if someone's going to the effort of buying beads and making one to be at my party they kinda deserve to be let in," penelope shrugged.

"and you know who's gonna be the one to do that?" elias rhetorically asked. "the same guy who's gonna be jealous when all his friends get invited and he doesn't."

"let's be honest, he's not doing that," layla quickly shook her head. "if he desperately wants to he's gonna steal it off his friend."

"she could make a note for the security," aurora suggested. "no jonah, big bold letter, picture of shame beside it."

"maybe i will invite him, who knows-"

"no!" they all quickly cut her off.

"that's not allowed," elias said. "you're done with him remember?"

"yes, okay, i'm done with him."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
i lied i've added a chapter
it's the next one that's gonna
be fun

also be proud of me, i literally
wrote this in like an hour which
is still a lot of time but i haven't
written without giving up and
coming back days later in AGES