030. don't have a boyfriend

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter thirty

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter thirty

third person.

"that boy yesterday was cute," cecelia teased her daughter sat beside her at the dinner table. "marco," she said with a slight accent. "what is he? mexican?"

"i don't know," penelope shrugged.

"ohh is this marco your boyfriend?" ollie raised a brow at her.

"i don't have a boyfriend," she muttered.

"are you sure about that?"

"yes."

"really now?"

"marco only started this year just so you know," she flashed her elder brother a smile, followed by rolling her eyes.

"so? i only knew your mother for a couple weeks before we started dating," bernard mentioned, looking over at the girl.

"him and i aren't dating," she shook her head, not wanting to out him despite it just being her family. "he's seeing someone who isn't me."

"really?" her mother furrowed. "why wasn't she here taking photos with you all then?"

"uh.. she um, she couldn't make it.."

"penny, you know you are allowed a boyfriend, right?" she then asked. "we're never once said you weren't."

"i know," she nodded.

"so are you and marco dating? because 'her not making it' sounds very much like a lie," she said with a small chuckle.

"we're not dating," penelope shook her head once again. "like i said, he's seeing someone else."

"oh-kay," she nodded, slightly dragging out the word. "just don't go sneaking any boys in."

"you're talking to the wrong child," bernard chimed in.

"and no sneaking out or you'll get your room taken off of you," ollie mockingly added.

"i'll take penny's room!" vivianne quickly replied.

"no one's taking penny's room," cecelia shook her head. "penny will stay in the downstair's room and she will not sneak out or sneak anyone in to it."

"mhm," penelope hummed in agreement.

and as the family continued to eat the remainder of their dinner, the youngest sibling babbled on about his school day between bites. the others soon getting up and rinsing their plates off in the sink, disposing of any waste and loading them into the dishwasher.

penelope making her way back to her bedroom to finish up her homework before she'll ultimately decide to take a shower and wind down for the night over a show ahead on the school week — as her usual nightly routine would go.

"leave your sister alone!" cecelia instructed the boy as she watched him walk in the general direction of her daughter's bedroom.

"i'm going to the bathroom," ollie furrowed, a inaudible scoff following. "i ain't gonna walk upstairs now when i told leo we could kick a ball for a bit-"

"really?!"

"is that so?" their mother raised a brow after the youngest's reaction.

"yeah i told you that early, leo," he said in attempts to gaslight the child into believing his lies. "do you want to still?"

"mmh.." leonardo hummed as his tried to remember the conversation. "okay. yeah."

"you finish your food and i'll be back in a minute," he flashed a smile before continuing to walk over to and down the hallway leading to his sister's room. softly knocking on the door and then opening it once she called out with permission to do so.

"yes ollie?" she spoke with a sigh.

"i've come to annoy you quickly," he folded his arms as he lent up against the door frame.

"just go away."

"are you actually dating this marcus guy or what?"

"it's marco," she corrected him. "and he's gay."

"oh.."

"yeah, exactly," she huffed, over his pressuring tactics. "he's talking with elias. like i said, i don't have a boyfriend."

"alright," he held his hands up in defence. "calm down. i'm just tryna help protect you."

"well i can deal with shit on my own."

"alll-right."

"now leave me alone," she muttered again, watching him return her a singular nod before shutting the bedroom door behind himself.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
:))