026. boy's a heartbreaker

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter twenty-six

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter twenty-six

third person.

as the school's friday night football match against the other local high school rolled around, penelope's friend group of now five were sat in the bleachers talking as they waited for the game to begin.

"i heard fran's been flirty with ruby.." layla mentioned, looking over at the girl beside her.

"when?" penelope furrowed slightly. "he said the other day that her wearing his jacket means nothing. and i believe him, it was opposite day, the whole team was doing it."

"i don't knoww.. apparently they've been touchy in the hallways lately," she shrugged. "i mean, supposably, people do lie."

"they were probably just putting on an act the other day," aurora defended — although she doesn't want jonah to hurt her friend, she also didn't want to see her upset, especially from something so small.

"don't worry, i'm still not out if you need me again penny," marco added.

"he told me nothing's happening between them," penelope shook her head.

"okay, if you wanna believe him, go ahead," layla replied. "but boy's a heartbreaker.."

"mh.."

"so what team should i be going for?" aurora switched the topic with a small chuckle. "the boyfriend's orrr my actual school?"

"fuck our school, go for austin," elias quickly said.

"his team's pretty shit though.." layla added.

"true," aurora laughed under her breath.

the group turned their attention to the field as the two teams were welcomed out. and once the game begun, penelope mainly kept her eyes on jonah and stayed quietly, not really joining into her friend's comments on all the boys.

as the halftime mark blared, their school's team was up 16-3. the players all came running off the field, passing by the home team's cheer squad. jonah stopped the caption, exchanging a smile as he placed his hand on her lower back, pulling her in closer to himself and placing a kiss on her lips.

and that kiss didn't go unrecognised.

aurora and elias quickly made eye contact with each other as the jock went out of sight to the locker rooms, the two then looking at the younger girl who was now staring down at her hands, both unsure on what to say.

"are you okay..?" aurora softly spoke, watching her shrugged. "he's dick, we don't ever have to talk about him again."

"i don't know why i fell for him," she sighed.

"he's got a charm that's hard to resist," she placed her hand on the girl's back, lightly rubbing. "you'll find someone way better."

"you should let ollie know, he'll knock some sense into fran," elias chimed in.

"i'm not telling ollie," she shook her head. "i shouldn't have even let it get to this.."

"it's a lesson for you to learn, pen," he joked. "we weren't gonna intervene."

"he told me the other day multiple times that her wearing the jacket means nothing.. i really should've seen how much he was defending it after i had already accepted it happening, as a red flag," penelope slightly muttered.

"you defiantly should have," layla inaudible chuckled.

"why did i think he could like me," her head fell into her hands, ignoring the last comment.

"do you want me to take you home?" marco more so suggested. "i have my sister's car. so i can us anywhere but here, to get your mind off of him?"

"oo let's leave these losers here to watch this stupid game, and us three can go to your place and use up all your fun skincare," elias added.

"i'd rather just go home and be alone.."

"will you be okay on your own?" marco questioned.

"yeah," penelope softly nodded. "i'll just watch a movie or two and do my skincare and then just go to sleep probably.."

"i'll take you home then," he agreed. "cause not gonna lie, i fucking hate football."

"i'm coming with," elias replied.

"it is kinda boring," penelope softly laughed, agreeing with the prior comment.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
it'll all make sense