066. trust her more

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter sixty-six

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter sixty-six

third person.

"that was fun," she simply shrugged as she got off of the boy who was clearly catching his breath.

"fun?!" jonah furrowed, quickly turning his attention to the girl already adjusting her skirt. "is that all i get this time?"

"m-hm."

"don't lie to yourself," he scoffed while fixing himself up. "you were just a fuckin' moaning mess two seconds ago."

"well, i mean.. your not.. really the best at sex," she shrugged as she brought her attention to him for a second, then straight to her phone. "you know that right?"

"if you think that why did you so desperately want to see me?" he loosely cross his arms over one another, a brow cocked as he watched her.

"jonah?" she looked at him once again.

"ruby," he copied.

"we're dating.. you remember that right?"

"yeah, i know," he quickly nodded. "but you know you have heaps of guys waiting for you, yet you still want me although you think 'i'm not good'."

"well i've realised that you ain't."

"you trialed me out all of summer," he reminded her. "you had plenty of time to decide that."

"yeah and i've now decided that you're shit," she stated. "and the fact you treat girls the way you do contributes to it."

"what?" he furrowed, sitting up straighter and grabbing her hand. "rubs i told you none of that shit penny said was true, we only hooked up once in the summer and now she's just messing with you. how many times do i have to tell you?"

"jonah stop!" she slightly raised her voice as she pulled her hand away from him. "i'm not believing it anymore. i spoke to penny today, and i trust her more than you. i know she never had a boyfriend, i know you were with both of us for a bet with your friends."

"there's no bets, rubs. i'm not stupid enough to try having two girlfriends again, i remember how that ended last time."

"jonah, i don't care," she scoffed. "i'm done with you. we're done. i'm not listening to anything you have to say anymore. also stop trying to tell me you two hooked up in the summer. she has no reason to lie about when it happened so i believe it happened the other week-"

"you know what, fine," the jock interrupted her, his tone startling her a little. "penny and i did hook up the other week and i was in fact with her the whole time i was dating you but-"

"about time you admitted it," she smugly replied, then added through a mumble; "not that i care for it."

ruby soon opened the back door of the car and got out before getting back in the front passenger's side, all while he just watched her. her attention now only on her phone as she waited for him to get the memo and do the same.

"hurry up!"

"geez," he muttered. getting in the front, he turned his gaze back to her as his keys stayed at in the centre console. "listen, i was only with her for the bet and i was really going to break up with her and take you on a date, not the other way around."

"shut up."

"rubs, please, i'm being serious," he attempted to grab her hand as she returned an annoyed look. "i told her i'm staying with her cause i knew that was the only way it'll work-"

"you told me- you in fact promised me the other night that you weren't trying your stupid double girlfriend dare.."

"well i just- i just didn't know how to tell, you did kinda insult me for wanting to do it."

"jonah, just take me home," she sighed, grabbing his keys and putting them in the ignition, turning it on.

".. please stay with me," he soon broke the silence. "just for a month, secretly, i'll still be dating penny on the side but she won't know i'm still with you. i'll get my money then we're done. and i'll take you out on a date to make up for this."

"and what will you do with penny?"

"i'll dump her," he shrugged.

"you're fucking insane," she scoffed. "maybe you should stop making bets you can complete. now take me home."

"please just think about it.."

pulling out of the parking spot he was poorly parked in, he drove out of the lot and headed back towards the girls house as they both sat without sharing a word and just listening to the music on the radio.

"you know what sucks the most about this?" she rhetorically asked, looking over at him as they stopped at a right light. "i know for a fact that you like her more than me because you have never been jealous of other guys being into me like you were with her-"

"that's not true," jonah shook his head, glancing back at her. "i really like you. for fuck sakes i said 'i love you'."

"you only said it cause i did- and i'll have you know, i fucking regret it."

"i really didn't mean to hurt you," he responded, his eyes now back on the road.

"whatever. like you said before, i have plenty of guys wanting me," she shrugged with a small chuckle, her gaze back on her phone. "kinda sad you're begging for me to stay with you."

"i have plenty of girls wanting me too," he quickly defended.

"okay, well leave me and penny alone then."

"... okay," he finally gave in — a part in him thinking it'll make her actually consider getting back with him.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
won't lie i purposely put the
last chapter before this not after
and left out ruby's name at the start
so you call feel disappointed in
penny haha tricked ya

also i'll finally be home on sunday!!!
(i literally can't wait i'm so over being
away lol) so hopefully updates will be
back to being a little more consistent :))