060. i kinda miss him

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter sixty

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter sixty

third person.

as the friday night rolled around, the davis parents had agreed to let their eldest daughter to go out and attend the football game with her friends at the other high school against her own school's team.

this being the first time she had properly seen her friend since being suspended, they had spent the first almost two minutes filling the girl in on the little she had missed at school, before quietening down and paying attention the match playing out in front of them.

"penny.." elias raised a brow at the girl with a playful disappointed look on his face.

"what?!" she turned her head back towards him, letting out a sigh as she already knew what he was about to say.

"stop looking at him!"

"i'm not," penelope shook her head. "i'm just watching the game."

"well austin's team's got the ball, penelope.. so eyes shouldn't be on fran.. away from the ball.."

"i kinda miss him.." she mumbled her confession.

"pen, it's been like three days," layla chimed in, flicking her head towards her as the comment had taken her back. "did you forget what he done to you?!"

"but like he has apologised multiple times and seems that he genuinely said it's to the wrong person and didn't mean for everyone to know.. so maybe i'm just being a little too harsh on him.."

"no, you weren't harsh," aurora quickly replied. "the way you responded to him and the things he had shared around the school was completely valid."

"but like i yelled at him when he came into my work.. maybe that was a bit too far.. because he was just apologising.. once again.."

"he came into your work.. during school hours.." marco reminded her. "he was more than likely looking for you."

"especially since your work is not the closest coffee shop to us," the eldest girl added. "there's like five before benny's."

"okay.." penelope softly nodded, letting out a soft sigh as her gaze fell to her feet.

"he's a dickhead, penny," elias mentioned. "he doesn't deserve you, you know this."

"i know.."

"you should come to the party tonight," layla switched the topic.

"maybe find a new guy?" marco playfully teased.

"you know, the bast way to get over someone is to get under someone else.."

"i'm not allowed," she softly shook her head. "i was only given permission to come here.."

"let us call cece up, i can convince her," she replied, holding her hand out for the girl's phone.

"or we could go to mine?" aurora more so suggested. "like actually. your parents might agree more to that-"

"i'm going to the party," layla interrupted the girl. "i got plans to.. meet with someone," she grinned. "sorry pen, but i'm not cancelling that."

"it's okay," she shook it off. "i don't know if i'm feeling up to a party anyway.."

"are you okay?" aurora asked with slightly concern — the younger sound a little more sadder than she did to begin with — watching her subtly shrug in response. "do you actually miss him?"

"i don't know.."

"i mean.. if you want to be with him, we can't really stop you cause it's your choice," she reasoned.

"i know i shouldn't.." she slightly sniffled. "i probably just miss the idea of someone liking me.."

"we should take up that party offer," elias said whilst gently nudging her. "get your mind off of things, have some fun with your friends, realise that boys are not worth it-"

"excuse me?" marco cut him off, following with a chuckle.

"sorry babe," he flashed the boy a smile before looking back at the girl beside himself. "what do you say pen? you're a very behaved girl usually, we should be able to convince your mom."

"fine, okay," she gave in. "but can we just say it's rory's place, i don't think i'd be allowed to go to a party just yet.."

"of course, of course."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
once again, this is the same
chapter. i'm just republishing it
so the book timeline makes
sense :))