064. never back down

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter sixty-four

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter sixty-four

third person.

as an usual monday afternoon would go, the football team were in the school's gym working out. although, of course, it turned into mostly jonah's main group of friends talking.

"so like do we get our money?" jack asked the team caption. "twenty-five each.. seems you're not with penny anymore?"

"nah, there's no limit on how long it takes for it to begin," jonah quickly defended. "i just have to be with them for a month. i've still got ruby, just gotta get penny back and it shouldn't take long."

"you think you can get her back?" corbyn slightly laughed as he raised a brow.

"yeah," he nodded. "she's still into me, i'm telling you. she couldn't stop looking at me in class before."

"were you being annoying to get everyone's attention though?" daniel questioned.

"no actually i fuckin' wasn't," he huffed. "she was just checkin' me out all lesson."

"do you think ruby actually believes that penny happened before her?" jack switched the subject.

"yeah," jonah quickly agreed. "she doesn't like her cause of everything that happened with ollie so she's convinced penny's just trying to ruin her being with me, especially after 'i left her'."

"girls talk though.."

"penny already spoke to her last week when she was drunk, and trust me, ruby does not believe her one bit."

"what if," zach gained their attention. "you forget about their bet, dump ruby and fall more in love with penny so i can get my thirty bucks instead?"

"i'm not in love with her?" he furrowed.

"the fact you can't leave her alone after you've said she's asked you to.. kinda says otherwise.." daniel chimed in. "i think there's like some deep rooted feelings there that you're afraid to admit.."

"i don't like her, oh my god."

"then why do you want her back?!" he slightly raised his voice. "she already spent last week suspended all because you couldn't keep your mouth shut after sleeping with her. and she obviously knows about you and ruby. so please tell us why you think she'd want to get back with you."

"i'll just tell her i'm not with ruby anymore and let ruby in on the bet instead," he shrugged. "simple."

"why not just give up on it instead and have one girl instead of loosing both?" daniel continued to question. "the way you think actually makes no sense to me."

"i never back down from a dare."

"daniel just shut up," corbyn shook his head, lightly hitting the boy. "we're all just teenagers fucking around, just have some fuckin' fun for once."

"there's a difference between having fun and hurting someone's feelings even more then you already have.." he replied. "and it's not only penny, it's ruby you're gonna be hurting as well."

"dude, no wonder why your fucking girlfriend never hangs out with you," jonah groaned as he rolled his eyes. "you're such a mood killer."

"i actually hang out with my girlfriend all the time.. and at least i have one.. who i've been with for over a year because i treat her well.."

"i treat girls well!" he argued. "yeah maybe i was with two but i made sure they were both happy. i was like being a dick or abusing them or whatever it is that you think i do."

"i- i'm... i'm not even going to bother," daniel mutter her words as he shook his head.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
quick little short update cause i feel
bad for not being able to publish as
much (and i have no more inspo for
it (and i'm tried and wanna sleep lol))