005. see where things go

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter five

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter five

third person.

stopping at her place after work to have a shower, getting changed out of her uniform and grabbing her bag with her makeup and nicer clothes for later, penelope's mother had then dropped her off at aurora's house.

the four friends were all hanging out in the girl's bedroom, eating the takeout which aurora's mother had brought them as a quick dinner while they blared music and they got ready for the party.

penelope had a lot of nerves for the night ahead to say the least. knowing that she got invited by the boy she's had a silent major crush on since she laid eyes on him in freshman year, it made her feel like her dreams were becoming a reality.

"is that what you're wearing?" elias raised a brow as he watched penelope looking at mini skirt and strapless corset style top outfit in the mirror.

"yeah.." she slowly turned around to face him, softly nodding. "is there something wrong with this?"

"no, you look good, don't get me wrong," he quickly shook his head. "i just thought you might've worn a dress or something, i don't know, a little more cutesy, i feel like you always wear something like this.."

"i don't really own dresses.." penelope mentioned. "i thought this was nice.."

"i'm sure, rory has something you can burrow," layla mentioned.

"i.."

"don't listen to them," aurora chimed in. "i like the outfit. the combo works for you, so wear all it all the time, you look hot- but of course if you wanna wear anything of mine, take it, you're always free to but if you're comfortable and confident wearing that, i think you should stick with it."

"mh.." she softly hummed while taking a seat on the bed beside elias, folding her arms over her stomach as she waited for everyone else to finish getting ready.

"austin's meeting us there tonight, i'm so excited!" aurora broke the slightly awkward silence between the friends.

"gotta look pretty for himmm!" layla hyped her up. "gonna get dirtyyy with him," she laughed.

"hey, hey," she shook her head. "we're still in the talking stage."

"remind again how long this talking been going on for?" elias asked.

"like a month or so," she shrugged. "but like we don't hang out that often.. texting's different to in person, but he's too busy to hang out during the week so i have to wait till weekends. i hate that he goes to the other school."

"i don't know how you do it," layla shook her head in disbelief. "i could never trust someone at another school, like you don't know what he's getting up to with girls there."

"i think this boy can get other girls," the boy chuckled. "no offence, rory."

"i'm not offended," she laughed softly. "he's my cute nerdy boy."

"and what about you, miss penny?" elias gently nudged the girl. "gonna get dirty with frantzich?"

"stop," penelope shook her head, a small smile on her lips as she gaze dropped to the ground.

"one drink, maybe two," he mockingly spoke. "i know penny, i knowww, you just wanna hang out with him."

"will one of you come with me to first go talk with him..?" she asked.

"of course!" aurora quickly agreed. "then i'll weave my way out when you're comfortable."

"okay.. thank you," she sent the girl a smile.

"get a few too many drinks into you, that'll give you all the confidence that you'll need," elias grinned.

"nope," she shook her head. "i'm not getting drunk, i'll hate myself tomorrow and for the rest of my life if i do."

"awh, don't wanna confess your feelings to him?" he chuckled once again.

"shut up."

".. you're on the pill aren't you, penny?" layla looked over towards her, looking back down at eye shadow palette as she patted the brush in the color she was using.

"no.."

"okay so, defiantly don't hookup with him tonight then," she rambled. "even if he has a condom, i wouldn't trust it. i've heard too many stories about those football boys and condoms splitting or them wanting to just pull out.."

"heard," elias chuckled. "experienced, more like it-"

"shut the fuck up, it was only one guy and i was down bad during the summer, you know that," she interrupted. "but, anyway, pen, only have sex with him, ever, if you supply the condom, or you watch him buy the box and get it out of there."

"i wasn't planning on doing anything like.. sexual with him.. tonight.." penelope awkwardly explained. "i barely know him.."

"you don't need to know much about a guy to hookup with them," layla shrugged.

"you've hooked up with three guys ever, so respectfully, shut the fuck up," aurora sided with the younger girl. "not everything has to be sexual. i know he's a football boy or whatever, and that's their thing for the most part but who knows about jonah he's committed before so just maybe he isn't all about sex."

"i mean i guess.." she replied, slightly dragging out her words as she continued finishing up her makeup.

"i already said i'll just see where things go tonight.." penelope added. "so i'll see where things go.."

"we're gonna have the best night tonight!" elias cheered.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
party in the next chapter!! also tbh
whenever i have unpublished books
i have like all the inspo than as soon
as i publish them it all goes away and
then i get interested in writing other
unreleased books 🫠 anyway that's
why these chapters are probs gonna
be shorter and split up like this so i
can actually get chapters out :))