082. a pathetic kiss

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter eighty-two

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter eighty-two

third person.

now at the school's field, after hearing his accent, many had taken note of the british boy sat with the friend group who's familiarity was on the rise. more so wondering who he was and if he was new to the school, why he had chosen to hang out with that group.

as the game begin, penelope was explaining the rules as best she could understand herself to the boy beside her, but jude could not care less, he just enjoyed listening to her. his gaze saying on her and there being a smile across his face whenever she spoke.

"that's my boyfrienddd!" aurora cheered, somewhat gently shaking layla as he scored for his team.

"i'm aware!" she yelled back, shaking her head at the other's actions.

"and that's obviously rory's boyfriend," penelope softly giggled as she looked at jude.

"mh," he hummed. "love a support partner."

"partner," she grinned as she mocked him.

"what?" he chuckled, pulling his arm up from between them and laying it over her shoulders. "guys can be supportive of their girls too. it's not limited to gender."

"i didn't have an issue with you saying it.." she glanced away from him to his hand and then at the girls beside her, poorly intertwining her fingers with his as she looked back at him. "i just thought it was cute."

she softly gazed into his eyes, watching his flicker from her's to her lips, causing her to somewhat awkwardly turn back to the game.

".. so which one did you date?" jude switched the subject.

"the caption.." she mumbled.

"the caption?!" he playfully exclaimed.

"we weren't dating," she shook her head.

"he's a dick," marco chimed in from in front of them.

"i liked that he was giving me attention, okay?" she inaduibly groaned.

"you don't get attention from other guys?" jude said in confusion, more so turning his body towards her rather than just his head.

"i do now," she slightly mumbled.

"she was quite shy at the start of the year," elias turned around and added. "a lot of people didn't know her."

"a lot of people didn't know our group," she corrected.

"uh actually, marco did."

"marco was new here," she reminded. "everyone who has their groups, don't look far, they're comfortable with what they know. hence why we haven't expanded the friend group."