073. i said get out

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter seventy-three

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter seventy-three

third person.

on the same tuesday, late that night penelope sat at her desk while trying to get her new art assignment started. she soon was slightly distracted, noticing as she received a text from the boy she was desperately trying to move on from.

she simply swiped to clear the message away while resisting the urge to read it as she brought her gaze back to her project, only to watch out the corner of her eye as her phone lit up again with another.

penelope sighed while she picked up her phone, unlocking it instantly and opening their messages. reading over the simple 'hey nel' and 'you still up' with the first word being only one letter long, she hesitated what to respond.

quickly caving, she admitted that was. 

seeing a fast 'ok' in response, it confused her when she didn't seen another text bubble appear. letting out a small hum she sat her phone down and turned her attention back to her project once again as she waited to hear why he wanted to know.

but instead of another reply, she was soon looking over her shoulder to the sliding door, a subtle huff escaping her mouth as she saw the boy let himself in. taking out her headphones, putting them away and shutting her laptop screen before properly turning toward him.

"why are you here," she somewhat bluntly spoke.

"i just want to talk with you," jonah pouted as he took a seat on the edge of her bed, in front of her. "i miss see you every night."

"i don't want to talk to you," she subtly shook her head.

"why not?" he furrowed. "i done what you wanted and made everyone think i'm shit in bed so why are you now closing me off?"

"well you didn't really.."

"yes i did!" he quickly argued.

"then why have guys been calling me slut and asking to have sex- i like i told you would happen because you didn't in fact tell everyone you were shit, you told them that i was good and that i dress like i slut."

"i never said you dressed like a slut, it's not my fault people interpreted that," the boy shrugged. "and who cares. why do you care so much about what people have to say?"

"because it hurts. you don't know what it's like to be girl, especially one that goes from no attention from guys to everyone asking to assault you and calling you a slut."

"i don't know why you let it hurt you," he repeated the same action. "it's just fuckin' words, ignore them."

"yeah, and none of it would've been said if i hadn't of got with you," she slightly scoffed.

"i thought you liked me?"

"i did! i really did," she quickly replied. "but i don't like you anymore. you ruined that for yourself. i only got with you last week to prove it's not me and that it was you-"

"it's not me," he interrupted. "i'm not shit in bed, you have nothing to compare it to while i get laid all the time and have never had a complaint."

"it was my first time, jonah!" she slightly raised her at him, without it being to loud to travel throughout the house. "i didn't know anything. i didn't know how it all worked. you could've just talked to me instead of going straight to your friends who then assumed i have some weird kink or whatever."

"well i'm sorry. i didn't know that i was supposed to talk to you, i've never been in a situation like that how was i suppose to know-"

"common sense.."

"can we just move on from that and go back to how we were, i won't anything again, i promise, and i mean it this time."

"no," penelope confidently shook her head.

"you said we'll get back together if i told everyone about me being shit and i did.."

"i never said i'd get back with you, you just believed that, that's not my fault."

"you.. did.. say it," he hesitantly replied with a furrow.

"oh well it hurts being told something and instead finding out you were just being used, doesn't it?" she raised a brow whilst crossed her arms.

"nelly, i'm sorry," he stood up, attempting to grab her hand which she pulled away instantly.

"well sorry doesn't cut it. i'm done with you."

"nel.."

"i'm done jonah."

"c'mon, what happened to the sweet girl you were went we first meet? why do you have an attitude today?"

"well i've been hurt since then," she said, it taking a lot in her to admit so — although she was also annoyed at his comment. "get out of my room, i don't ever want you back in here."

"nelly-"

"i said get out!" she scoffed as she flung her hand in the direction of the door. "or i'm going upstairs and waking up my father who's firstly gonna be annoyed that he's being woken. and secondly, will be pissed off that you've broken into our house and is trying get with me again. and him and mom know you use to sneak in so they're not going to be happy that you're back."

"geez, okay, i'm going," he held his hands up in the air, taking a step or two towards the sliding door. "you have my number for when you change your mind."

"i'm not going to," she quickly replied. "i mean it this time."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
btw this is the start of pennys
happy arc

also idk how many more chapters
there's gonna be i'm just writing, no
end planned atm (i do know what i
want it to be though) but unlike my
other books which at this point i'd
have every chapter to the end planned
out, i don't. so we'll see how long this
gets