046. i don't wanna know

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter forty-six

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter forty-six

third person.

replying to the message from her older brother to let him know she was still awake, it only took a couple minutes before he was letting himself into her bedroom with the plans of sneaking out, but instead taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

"what are you doing?" penelope furrowed at him as she sat up, taking her headphones out to talk with him.

"so.. heard you're staying at aurora's tomorrow night.."

"yeah and?"

"what are you really doing?" ollie asked.

"i'm hanging out with my friends.."

"are you..?"

"yeah.." she subtly rolled her eyes in annoyance. "don't you have a girl to go please or something?"

"yeah, but i have your boyfriend messaging me to know what impresses you, and also saying quote unquote 'is your sister's allergic to latex?'.." he explained. "so, penny, what's really happening?"

"i'm staying at his, okay?" she admitted through a mumble. "but i don't know why he's asking you that.. we haven't even talked about doing anything.."

"mh.. make sense"

"what did you reply to him..?"

"'this is something you need to be talking to her about. i'm her brother i don't wanna know about these plans'," he read out.

"okay.."

"i really don't want to know," he repeated. "and i don't care what you do but clearly he wants to have sex with you, so just remember it's your choice."

"i know," she nodded.

"don't let him pressure you into anything."

"i know, ollie, i'm not stupid."

"alright.." he stood up back. "oh, also what's this about him and ruby being together? i was gonna ask him but i thought i should see if you knew?"

"don't worry about it," she shook her head as she laid back down in her bed. "just leave. be quiet when you get back."

"penelope..?"

"just forget about it and go."

"so.. is he with both of you or something?" he furrowed. "you would be denying it if it wasn't true.."

"jonah and i aren't even dating so it doesn't matter," she mumbled in response. "now can you stop being annoying."

"penny, as i've told you.. i know what he's like, i've been friends with him for years.. all i'm doing is guiding you to not get hurt by him, because right now that's the only way i see this thing between you two heading.."

"i know how to deal with my own stuff."

"so you're telling me.." he loosely folded his arms as he wandered back and fourth in front of her bed. "that you, the girl who's always been obsessed with cheesy romance.. is completely okay with just fuckin' around with a guy, and doesn't care if things aren't offical, and fine with him also being with ruby.."

"i'm okay with it!" penelope slightly raised her voice as she sat back up again. "i what's going on between them. i know there's an ongoing bet with his friends, i'm aware of it all, i'm helping him and then he's gonna dump her and take me on a date. like i said i know what i'm doing."

"and you're okay with letting him play her?"

"no, but i gotta do what i gotta do," she shrugged.

"i know things between ruby and i didn't end on the best of terms.. but i hope you're not just following along to get back at her."

"not everything's about you," she shook her head.

"alright," ollie softly nodded. "i won't wake you up when i get back tonight."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
quick protective brother filler :)