007. how little she means

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter seven

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter seven

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

third person.

"how come you didn't come to the party?" was the first thing jonah said to the girl beside him as he sat down in math class. "you said you didn't need me to pick you up cause you were going."

"jonah!" mr palgrave gained the boy's attention as he had let out a groan and turned towards the elder. "come get this work sheet, then you may speak to penny quietly about the equations as long as she willing to and your not annoying her."

"penny doesn't find me annoying," he subtly shook his head as he got up, heading over to the front of the classroom and grabbing the sheet off of his teacher. "thanks sir."

walking back over to his seat, he sat there with his back against the wall, watching the girl as she type into her calculator, writing answers down on her paper and showing zero notice toward him — which he wasn't a fan of.

"so.." jonah spoke up again, causing her to look over at him for a second then back at her work. "penny," he signalled for her to move her chair back once she looked at him again.

knowing he wasn't going to give up, she hesitantly moved her chair back as he reached over and grabbed her desk, pulling it over closer to his. as did some of the class', mr palgrave's attention was also moved away from the work he was marking and shaking his head at the boys actions.

"sit here," jonah pointed at the desk as if she couldn't see it. "actually next to me."

penelope let out a small inaudible hum as she looked over at their teacher than back at the boy, picking up her bag and placed it next to the desk as it was previously, before she stood up and quietly moved the chair over.

"so.. why weren't you at the party?" he raised a brow.

"i was at the party.."

"mmh," he furrowed as he hummed. "what time?"

"around like.. nine," she replied as she continued doing her class work.

"okay," he nodded, trying to remember what he was doing at that time on the friday night. "..why didn't you come find me then?"

"cause you were too busy making out with some girl.." she slightly mumbled, glancing over at him quickly as he didn't respond then back at her paper.

"oh.." he eventually let out. "yeah, um.. oh fuck it, you have nothing to worry about."

"you.. you don't remember her name..? she looked at him in confusion.

"nah, that's how little she means to me," he replied. "also i was quite plastered by that time and i don't know if i ever even got her name."

"mh.."

"you're not very talkative," he mentioned after a couple seconds.

"well i am trying to do the worksheet.."

"right.. the work sheet," jonah nodded, turning to his own paper and staring at the questions for a moment.

while he realised penelope wasn't going to keep talking to him, jonah let out a sigh as he reach down to his bag and tried to find a pen. she soon caught on to the fact he couldn't find one and grabbed one out of her pencil case, handing it to him with a small smile.

"thanks cutie," he softly chuckled.

spending little time attempting any of the equations or bothering to even try to work out how to solve them, he then looked over at the girl's paper and copied the answers down on his own.

and as the class time passed by and mr palgrave went over the worksheet answers before moving onto a section from the textbook, the final bell had rung while everyone was packing up their belongings and beginning to leave the school for the day.

"hey, penny," jonah grabbed her hand as she threw her backpack over her shoulder. "so you can't keep me out of your moves anymore, you wanna put your number in my phone?"

"uh sure.." she sat her phone down on the desk as she grabbed his off of him.

"you wanna hang out later or something?" he asked as he watched over her actions.

"um.." she slightly glanced up at him, then back at his phone as she checked over what she had typed in. "i'll have to see if i'm free.."

"i'll text you," he took his phone back, shoving it in his pocket. "now you wanna move out of my way so i can get to football training?"

"oh yeah," she moved away from where she was standing around to the other side of the desk, her eyes following him as he begun to walk away. "jonah, wait.."

"yeah?"

"uh could you give this back to your friend," she asked as she grabbed the other boy's hoodie out of her bag.

"which friend?"

"corbyn.."

"right, okay," he quickly nodded. "well i'll see you around."

"what's his problem?" marco laughed, folding his arms as he approached the girl after the jock had rushed his way out of the classroom.

"i don't know," she shrugged.

"marco- i was gonna give you a handshake but that's kinda weird to do with a girl."

"um penny... i kinda need to get going so i can't stay and talk," she awkwardly replied, unsure on why he wanted to talk with her.

"oh we can start walking," he more so suggested, following behind her as they left. "so what's the deal with jonah? why's he think he's like ruler of the school? i only started last week so.."

"he's the football team caption.." she explained, gaze on the ground and occasionally looking up to make sure she wasn't going to run into anyone. "and just always has been someone everyone listens to.."

"you like him?" he asked.

"why does everyone keep asking me that?" she softly groaned, rolling her eyes slightly.

"you seemed to be blushing before when you were talking to him and you sorta are now as well.."

"i- no," she shook her head. "i sorta just get.. like nervous around.. people.."

"not very outgoing?"

"no.."

"mh," marco slowly nodded. "well, i'll see you around."

"o-okay.."

penelope slightly looked over her shoulder at the boy in confusion as she continued walking towards the exit of the school to make the short walk down the road to her younger brother's elementary school.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
i love how i was like "im gonna
keep the chapters shorter" then
the following ones are like average
lengths for me to write lmao anyway
i needed to reintroduce marco cause
he is apart of the story not just some
random guy in the first chapter 👍

GOOD GIRLS; jmrfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें