029. having fun tonight

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter twenty-nine

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter twenty-nine

third person.

"oh. my. god!" aurora reacted as she saw penelope, cheering for her as the other three friends did as well. "you look so hot."

"thank you," she softly chuckled out of awkwardness.

"you've met austin before haven't you?" she asked, bring the boy closer to her side.

"no, we haven't," austin shook his head.

"oh, well penny, this is austin," she introduced them. "and austin this is penelope, penny as everyone calls her. she's the one who likes our dickhead football caption."

"oh right."

"rory, can you not call jonah a dickhead, please," penelope politely asked the girl.

"he is a dickhead though," elias chimed in, slightly furrowing at her in confusion. "penny, think about how-"

"can we not talk about this right now," she interrupted him, seeing her mother come over and join the group across the street from the davis' house.

"what a hot group we've got here," cecelia glanced over them all.

"mom, please don't be weird," penelope cringed at the comment.

"okay, bunch together though," she instructed them. "i want a nice photo of you all."

"yes, we do need some!" mary, elias' mother, agreed. "it's your final homecoming dance, it's bittersweet."

"you look good," marco whispered, smiling at the girl as he stood beside her, wrapping his arm around her lower waist.

"thank you," she returned the smile.

"i can't believe you're moving on from me so quickly," elias jokingly gasped at the other boy's compliment, as he stood on his other side of him.

"don't worry, i haven't forgotten about you," he subtly smirked, swinging his arm over his shoulder. 

the group of six all got situated next to one another, smiling at the mother's cameras as they took many shots of them, and then a few of just the girls and the guys separately per request before some more group ones.

"elias, could you please move to beside layla, even it out a bit," his mother asked.

"sure," he sighed under his breath, moving to the other end of the group.

"oo and then can we do a classic, guys holding the girls prom shot?" cecelia said in excitement.

"mom," penelope shook her head. "we gotta get going."

"it'll take two seconds, penny," she politely argued. "this is the first time there's been an even amount to do this, so please just do it, for me, it'll be cute."

"nah, yeah, let's do it," elias laughed, looking over at the girl as the realisation hit his mind that their mothers probably assumed her and marco were dating — since neither of them knew of his sexuality.

"you two switch side with the girls," mary spoke to her son and aurora's boyfriend. "it'll look a little odd with.. marco, right? in the middle."

"marco," he nodded in agreed.

he gently turned penelope slightly to her side and placed his hands on her hips, while she held her purse in front of her stomach, smiling at the cameras as with the other girls.

"i am the only one thinking this feels were posing for a pregnancy announcement," aurora laughed.

"slay, group teen pregnancies," elias chuckled, moving his arm of his friend's and pretending to show off a baby bump. "can't wait for our baby."

"okay, that's enough," his mother shook her head as the group disbursed from the positions in which they were standing. "grab all your stuff and get in the limo."

"and no one better be getting pregnant tonight," cecelia added. "or anytime soon. you have your whole lives ahead of you, you have plenty of time to wait."

"have a good time tonight," mary added.

"thank you mrs. finch," aurora smiled at the lady.

the six got into the limo, and their driver started the trip of their school for the homecoming dance. taking more photos and videos of themselves, playing music over the car's system and over all just having fun.

"okay, now penny," layla turned the music down slightly. "we're gonna put this gorgeous look to use tonight and we're gonna find you a new guy."

"i talked with jonah last night," she softly shook her head as the words came out of her mouth in a slight mumble.

"you done what?!" aurora quickly exclaimed, putting her hand on her boyfriend's chest as she pushing him back against the seat. "penelope lynn?!"

"he came over after the game.."

"i hope to god that that sentence ends with 'and i broke up with him'," elias raised a brow.

"we talked about everything.. he explained why he kissed her and then skipped the party and watched never been kissed with me," she explained with a small smile on her face.

"and what possible reason could he have for kissing ruby in front of everyone?" aurora questioned.

"it was a dare from his friends," she shrugged.

"is this the caption we're talking about?" austin chimed in, receiving a nod from her. "i hate to say it but.. he's more than likely playing you."

"he doesn't deserve you, penny, we've told you this," marco added.

"well.. it's a longer reason.. i don't want to get into it," penelope mumbled.

"i know you think he's all that, and you probably thought he was being cute last night skipping the party to hang with you- which it is, don't get me wrong, but i don't think whatever he's doing is going to end well for you," aurora explained with sincerity in her tone. "do whatever you want, we'll support you, but please be cautious."

"i will be.." she nodded. "anyway, let's just focus on having fun tonight."

"yes! i agree!" layla replied. "enough about boys! no offence," she flashed a smile at the three boys.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
this might be a little all over
the place but we were due for
an update :))