083. proper and all that

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter eighty-three

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter eighty-three

third person.

"do i look okay?" penelope quickly turned to her coworker, running her hands over the top of her hair as she saw familiar faces walking towards the cafe entry.

"yeah?" brinlee nodded in confusion, her eyes shifting over to the door as the bell rung. "ooh, you wanna look good for the cute boy-"

"shut it," she muttered.

"go get him," she quietly laughed.

penelope simply shook her head as she turned back around, sending a smile to the three walking over to the counter as the elder male went and claimed a table for them.

"good morning," she spoke up.

"good morning penelope," lindsey responded. "how are you?"

"i'm good. how are you?"

"i'm well, thank you."

"your usual?" she received a hum of agreement. "a cappuccino, one sugar and an espresso with a splash of milk for mr. o'hair..?"

"yes, that's correct," she nodded.

"breakfast for two today as well?" she questioned.

"yes please," she replied. "what would you like sasha?"

"i'll have a.. do you do flat white's?

"um.. it's coffee, steamed milk, no foam, right?"

"mhm, regular size with almond milk," she nodded, then turning around to her son who towered over her. "do you want to just share a plate too, jay? or is there something specific you'd like?"

"i don't mind," jude shrugged.

"what comes on the breakfast for two?" sasha asked the girl.

"it's the same as the benny's breakfast," penelope slightly turned and pointed to it up on the menu. "so toast, egg, bacon, sausage and tomato.. it's two of those just at a cheaper price."

"okay, we'll get that too then."

"judey would you like a drink?" lindsey questioned.

"uh a.. caramel frappe sounds nice," he looked away from the menu up on the wall and smiled at penelope.

"that's my favorite," she smiled in return before her eyes flickered down to the register, finding the drink he had asked for. "coffee or no coffee?"

"oh no coffee thanks."

"and any whipped cream?"

"surprise me," he smiled.

quickly checking over to make sure she added it all, penelope read the total out before saying a variant of her usual script; "you may pay on the front and i'll bring it all over as it's ready," with a smile.