087. stay a little longer

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter eighty-seven

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter eighty-seven

third person.

after hanging out on sunday, penelope and jude had been texting mostly the few following days, with the occasional conversation in person as they crossed paths on the way to and from their schools.

both just a little too busy to get a chance to spend time together — and penelope stressing out about needing to invite him to do something but not knowing what.

so on the wednesday night, a before ten-pm, after texting all afternoon, jude suggested to call since he 'missed hearing her voice' which she freaked out in excitement over for a few seconds before texting back agreeing to the idea.

"hey," penelope answered the call with the biggest smile on her face.

"hey, how you doing?" his accent penetrated through the phone.

"i'm well.. how are you?"

"i'm good, i'm good," he replied with a small quiet chuckle. "did you get all your homework done?"

"mhm.. i've just got to do the finishing touches on my painting tomorrow afternoon after work and then that assignments all done to hand in on friday."

"the one you sent a photo of yesterday?"

"yeah, that one," she nodded despite him not being able to see her.

"you're so talented, you could've told me that was a photo you printed out and i would've believe you."

"it's not that good."

"don't underestimate yourself. i love the painting, i think it's perfect. i couldn't even do something remotely close to as good as your one is."

"thank you.."

"what are you up to now then?" jude questioned.

"oh i was just laying in bed and watching a show-"

"you should've told me!" he quickly and politely interrupted her. "i wouldn't have disturbed you then."

"it's okay, i promise. i've seen it like a million times."

"mh, what show it?" he asked. "is it your favourite?"

"gilmore girls.. i would consider it one of my favorite series, yeah. but i also just enjoy rewatching shows and movies, i don't have to focus so much. it's good for when i'm working on stuff like my painting or some homework," she babbled.

"you're so cute"

".. so what are you up to?"

"talkin' to you," he chuckled.

"mh," she softly giggled.

"and what are you up to tomorrow afternoon?"

"um i have work till seven.."