081. someone like him

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter eighty-one

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter eighty-one

third person.

a little more than forty minutes after the two had finished their walk, jude decided to wander over to penelope's house since he was bored and it was getting closer to the time her friend was going to pick them up, but in all honesty he really just wanted to keep talking with her.

like she had told him to, he walked down the side of the davis' house to the backyard. hearing girls chattering, he debated for a second before continuing to walk over to penelope's bedroom
door and softly knocking on the glass door.

the three girls all flicked their head in his direction as penelope quickly got up from her desk where she was sat doing her makeup and went over, opening the door for him.

"hey," she smiled.

"hey," jude returned one, glancing over at her friends on the bed then back at her. "is it alright that i'm here?"

"yes," she nodded, welcoming him into her room as he shut the door behind himself. "these are my friends, aurora and layla."

"hey, i'm jude.. you can just call me jay though."

"could you say ello i'm arry styles real quick-"

"layla!" both aurora and penelope exclaimed.

jude laughed whilst lightly folding his arms and shaking his head, "look just cause i'm from where he is, doesn't mean i sound like him."

"you're from holmes chapel?" penelope was quickly distracted the second she sat down to do the finishing touches on her makeup.

"yeah," he chuckled. "and no, i haven't met arry," he mocked how layla had pronounced the artist's name before. "i mean we've probably crossed paths without knowing years and years ago but that's about it."

"that's so cool," she replied. "i wanna go and visit the bakery and the wall like all the fan girls do."

"of course you do," layla slowly nodded.

"anyway, you almost done pen?" aurora switched the conversation as she looked up from her phone. "el just texted, him and marco are ready."

"mhm," she hummed while setting down her eyeshadow brush and grabbing her highlighter one, lightly swooping it over the powder and adding just a little to complete her simple look.

"i'm using your bathroom before we go," layla hopped up.

"and i'm gonna go see marco and el," aurora also got up — having not much of a reason to see the two boys, but just wanting to give penelope and jude a few second alone.

"and i guess i'll stay here with you," jude joked, turning himself to face her better. "..you look really pretty by the way."

"thank you," she smiled as she looked up at him. ".. um if you're ever coming over again this way, you can just open the door, you don't need to knock."