Shiva meets the love of his life.

Shiva's POV

It was a typical, tired day at work, English really was a hard subject to teach. I wanted to do something relaxing. I went to my favorite ice cream shop. Ice cream was a great way to deal with stress. I come to this shop almost every day and picked a new flavor. Today I chose red velvet with Choco chips, I knew many people did not like such a combination but I believe we should try new things in life (Also I have almost tried all the "normal" combinations.)

Just then a young woman walked inside the shop and made the same order as me. I was surprised. What a coincidence! I nervously started a conversation with her. "I guess we have made the same order" I said smiling. "Yes" she said crisply with a light smile on her serious face "This is actually my favorite flavor" she continued.

"This is my favorite flavor too." I added even though I did not like that flavor and was shocked that anyone could like it, but I liked her charming face. She looked really pretty when she smiled. Even though I wanted to talk to her, words did not come to my mouth. I just stared blankly.

She had broad shoulders, she was neither too thin nor too fat. She had quite fair skin. Her face looked quite attractive with well defined features, and had her hair tied back in a neat ponytail. Her dark eyes looked rather serious and dull. It seemed as if she was lost or was thinking about something else, as she took no notice of anything around including me.

When she was about to leave the shop, I had the courage to ask her, "Will you come back here tomorrow?"

"Why would I? Who eats ice cream everyday." she asked in a rather condescending manner. "If I come here every day, how can I focus on maintaining the law and order of this area?"

"Law? order?" I asked rather amused, I guess this explained her extremely serious face.

"Yes, I am G.V. Akilandeshwari IPS and have been posted in this district for the last month" she said, as if I was already supposed to know that but it looked sort off cute.

"Anyways, see you later" she said crisply as she walked off, before I could react.

Oh this meant that she wanted to see me again. I had lost practice on talking to a woman, I had not had the time or mood at all after my parents' demise, but this lady totally changed my perspective about that.

I learnt through general enquiry with my friends and acquaintance that she lived near MM road, I planned to make it seem like I was coincidentally there, but ended up waiting for a couple of hours, my wait was worth it as she walked in one of the big colonies.

"Hi" I said quite nervously. "Hi" she replied, "what are you doing here?" she asked rather harshly

"You said 'See you later'" I quoted.

She laughed. "OK, that didn't mean you could stalk me all the way to my house, well you should tell me if you wanted to meet."

"I don't have your number." I complained.

"Here is my personal number, copy it." she exclaimed

I typed the number with a satisfied expression on my face.

"Can we go for lunch" I asked. Little did I know that it seemed like I was hurrying.

"I just ate" She replied.

"Next time, can we eat together." I suggested. (desperately)

"Ok" she shrugged "Text me tomorrow"

I was very happy; she not only gave me her number but also asked me to text her. I was on cloud nine.

A Few Days Later

I was finally on a date with the love of my life. We had been texting each other for a while, even though she mostly only replies to my texts, I do have a feeling she does enjoy talking to me. When we sat down for lunch, the waiter left, after taking our order. The first thing she asked me was to tell her about my family. I had a long story to tell her.