Ignorance Is Not Bliss

Gopi's POV

I was back from my walk. I wanted to go for a walk with Adithya again, even though he could be annoying sometimes. It was only because, when we had gone for a walk together we ended up going to Arjun's house. The last time, we went there, I met their neighbor's dog Stella. I knew she was the dog of my life. I volunteered to go with them the next time they went to visit. They took me at last. Even though I was greeted by two annoying brats, it was worth it. Arjun was doggo-sitting Stella. She even offered me one of her extremely special treats. I was on cloud nine.

Vijaya's POV

The past few days actually, years have not been great. My marriage was not as happy as it used to be. Varadaraj had published his first book a few years ago. It was much more successful than we had anticipated. Then he got his writer's block. He stopped spending much time with me. He kept saying he needed his space to focus on writing. His ideas kept failing every single time. Some days he gets so caught up in his writing, that he ends up sleeping on the couch with his books. 

He then started going on trips, for long periods. He said he could write well only if he has the needed surroundings. He was looking for inspirations all around. He forgets to even call me sometimes. I had held this in my mind for a long time. It had been difficult being alone at home, especially since I had been in a very big lively family.

Yesterday, when Sriram asked me how I was, I couldn't control it anymore and everything came out. "You don't worry, I will talk to Raju. He will spend more time with you and keep you happier." he said. "Its ok, He didn't mean to ignore me. Writing is important for him. You don't go argue with him. Its just that I had to share this with someone." I said, seeing that Sriram looked angry. "I am not going to go beat him up or something I will just ask him to keep his priorities straight, in a friendly manner." he assured me.

Raju's POV

Sriram came to my place one day, I thought it was something regarding his marriage as it was going to happen in a week. I was shocked when he asked me, "Why are you ignoring my sister and taking her love and care for granted?" "Well I am not.. It is just that, I am having this writer's block. After this book is ready I will spend all my time with her." I said. "Do you know how hurt she is, I thought you will care for her, we all thought that. She could have married that Mallu boy Zachariah instead." he said harshly. "No, don't say that. I will spend more time with her, don't worry." I said. It had always been a fear during my college days that Vijaya will end up with that Zachariah. I felt guilty about not spending enough time with her even though I didn't neglect her. I was unaware that she had been this upset. I decided to go to her at once, admit my mistake, spend a lot of time with her and keep her happy.

Sreeja's POV

My tenth grade board exams were going to happen soon. I had stuck important notes, everywhere in my room. Sharada had yelled at me every time I stuck a new formula sheet. "Don't stick another of that awful sheet over here." She yelled while I was sticking trigonometry notes. "This is exactly the first thing we see when we get up. I think you are getting obsessed with numbers or something. I saw that you were doing a Sudoku during my dance concert. I can't believe you were actually staring at numbers while such a great dance concert was going on." she continued bickering.

Adithya sneaked in and asked "Why are you behaving like a nerd? Is it because you are nerd?, nerd." he asked. Sharada started laughing. "Why are you laughing you are supposed to cry, cry-baby." he said. Now it was my turn to laugh. "Who taught you all these." I asked. "Gay did" he said. I knew he meant Abhinay by that. That boy has been spending quite a lot of time at our place. He just wanted to be someone's side kick after he had failed miserably with Selvam. He says he wanted to study with Srihari but he continued to roam all around the house. Playing video games or something. I knew he had taught Adithya all these things. "Hey, gay why are you teaching Adithya such nicknames." I asked him. "I am not gay and I didn't teach him anything." he said. "I am not a nerd but that is what you told him right?" I asked. I had no time to be talking with an idiot like him, I left the room, he continued playing.

Anitha's POV

It was my wedding the next day. I had everything ready. I was very happy about this marriage. It was happening in a big hall, with over 300 guests. We were even having a pre wedding Sangeet. This wedding was much bigger and better than Samyuktha's wedding. I want to see her face tomorrow. What had she thought, 'Anitha was a girl with poor parents, who have four other children to think about.' She had even told me, "You must be lucky if you get married to a decent boy from a decent family, who are able to afford basic things." I knew my parents were very proud, even prouder than they were when I had joined the police force. "Did you know my daughter is marrying the D.I.G.'s brother in law. What a great future she is going to have. What a big house my Anitha is going to live in." my father had told. "Her life is settled in a much more better way than I had thought. My son-in-law is a gem, I was scared the groom's family may demand dowry or something but he said, he will manage the marriage himself." my mother added. I was really grateful that Sriram came to my life. This was the best thing that had happened to me.