The Hole In The Closet

Krishnan's POV

I was sitting in the living room with a lot of thoughts gushing in my mind. I met Pankaja's parents and they kept hinting that we should get married. It is not that I don't want to marry her but it is just that I have gotten myself into a huge mess by lying to her. While these thoughts were going on in my mind, I heard a crash. It sounded like it came from my room. I bolted upstairs and saw Srihari walking out of MY room. He was holding the stupid toy hammer which Akhila had bought for him on one of their many toy store trips. I was sure something in my room was broken by now but when I entered everything seemed to be in place.

I started examining my room and to my shock there was a ginormous hole in my closet. I was not going to let him get away with this. He was old enough to be disciplined. His parents are turning a blind eye to all his mischief but I need not. I was going to show him who the boss is. He was running around the living room finding something else to break.

I went towards him and asked him what he was doing in my room. He shrugged. I carried him and put him in a corner in the kitchen. I told him to sit there for ten minutes and think about what he had done. 

"I didn't do anything" he screamed. He looked at me as if he was going to start crying. "This will not work on me, actually it does not work on anybody but your mom. She just has a weak personality." He started to throw a tantrum when Akhila entered.

Akilandeshwari's POV

Srihari was crying. Krishnan was yelling. I was furious. How dare he make my son cry! He ran towards me and said "I didn't do anything, he was yelling at me just like he yells at everybody in this house. He had the bravery to do something like this only because you were not there. He asked me to sit in that corner." he exclaimed. This made me extra angry, what was Krishnan thinking.

"Why would you do such a thing, what is wrong with you" I exclaimed. "He put a hole in my closet" Krishnan said defensively. "I didn't do it"  poor Srihari said wiping his eyes. "Of course you didn't, I believe you." I said assuring him, then I turned to Krishnan and asked "Do you have any sense at all? how can a three year old put a hole in your closet?" "It had a thermocol back, and this guy is capable of anything" he said. As we argued Sriram entered the room. "Are you talking about that hole I put in your closet seven years ago? I can't believe it took you so long to find out. Oh, this is why you were yelling at him and saying all sorts of things like he and his mother are weak." 

Narrators POV

Akilandeshwari was furious. "First of all, you don't have the right to punish my son. Second of all, you don't have the right to yell at anybody for something they did not do. You need to work on your anger management. Do you think we are all weak and you are the only strong person here???" Akhila demanded. "I never said weak, I said weak personality plus Sriram is just trying to make everything worse." said Krishnan. Akhila paid no heed to his reasoning. "It is just like you to toss the blame on someone else. Anyways I am in no mood to talk to you and you are in no position to be arguing with me right now." She turned to her dear son and said "Come on dear, we will go watch something on TV."

She put on Mickey Mouse one Hour Compilation and they kept the volume high just to drive Krishnan out of the room. It worked in a few minutes time Krishnan piled up his work and left the room with a scowl on his face. Now Sriram too regretted his decision on siding with Akhila since the sound started driving him crazy. Akhila and her son enjoyed watching TV for the rest of the day.