Another Baby

Akhila's POV

I found out I was pregnant again. I did not expect this, I was happy Srihari had started school and now I was able to focus more on my job. I did not find out this pregnancy until three months. I don't know how Srihari will take the news. Shiva was happy when I told him about it.

"Yayyy!! I am going to be a dad." he said. "You already are one." I said irritated. After the pregnancy was confirmed we went to break the news to Srihari. I asked Shiva to do the talking, since I did not want to get into Srihari's bad side (he didn't like Shiva that much anyways).

"You are going to get a younger sibling." he said unexpectedly. Shiva was terrible at breaking news.

"I don't want one, Harish has a younger sister, she keeps crying. If I get a baby like that I will throw it away. Even Sreeja is noisy. All babies are annoying." he said.

My heart sank, I did not want Srihari to feel left out or ignored, we never planned to have a second child for this very reason. I went to him and told him gently. "Dear, it will be great to have a younger sibling, who would look up to you, like how your uncle Arjun looks up to me." I said.

"Uncle Arjun says he hates you, and fine if it is a boy we can keep it, if it is a girl we will throw it in the dustbin, no no in Krishnan's room. That is where all the trash belongs."

I was happy with the compromise, even though I had secretly wanted a girl. I said the same things when Arjun was born, but had to get used to him soon. Thankfully Srihari does not know that and he never will. I have to have a talk with that Arjun regarding the offensive things he is telling my son.

Narrator's POV

Akhila was in a very bad mood one day, actually that was everyday but she was more irritated today, after she found out that one of her best dresses had a large cut on them. Then she realized she had allowed Vijaya to borrow it for one day. She went and asked Vijaya why she had left it there and not in the closet.

 Vijaya replied "You are the one who locks your closet everyday. Plus it must have been Srihari who cut it." 

"Then you should have given it in my hand. You are being so irresponsible, it is because of you Srihari was able to make a cut in this dress, keep your scissors somewhere inside, he might end up hurting himself, I have no idea what is wrong with you. Look it is even lying here now." she said pointing to a scissors.

"That is your scissors." she yelled.

"Ok" Akhila said. "But still, you people need to act in a more responsible manner." and she left.

The next day after work Akhila went to her parents' house to pick up Srihari but her mother told her that Arjun has already gone to drop Srihari back home. She was surprised as it was not like Arjun to volunteer to do extra work.

Megha's POV

Arjun had bought me a Gucci handbag, I was really happy, even Sathya would not get me such an expensive present. Arjun never failed to impress me with his actions. He was such a gentleman and a charming fellow. He was tall handsome and had great hair. He had everything I ever wanted in a man. He is much better and sweeter than any other guy I had known. I enjoyed spending time with him. The thing I am not able to understand is how a guy like him can have such a mean older sister like Akhila, they are poles apart.

"How do you make yourself so pretty." he asked me. I blushed. "It is because of you making me smile." I replied.

Then Akhila came and asked Arjun "Why did you come here all of a sudden." 

"I came to see my dear nephew Srihari." he stated.

"You literally dropped him here." Akhila said. "Ok I came to see you, since you were pregnant and all." he tried to reason.

"Very funny Arjun. I know why you came here, it was to see Megha only right, I know. Did you find a job yet." she said.

"You can't keep a job but you want a girlfriend ." she muttered. 

I looked at them arguing, I do feel Arjun will be good in business, he just needs some time. I am willing to stand by him whatever may be.