A Bad Time For Subbu

Shiva's POV

Visiting Shivansh was a very bad idea it literally ruined the rest of our vacation. It was very evident that Akhila used to date him, it explained the photo frame and everything. On the way home I asked her, "Why did you have to visit him? And how long were you dating this guy? You first told me he was just your friend. Tell me the whole thing. I am done with these half stories." "We were engaged. It was a long time ago. It doesn't matter." she said as if it was a small thing. I was hurt that she had hid such a big thing from me, "Why didn't you tell me this earlier." I asked her. "Well, I didn't want you to feel bad, confused or anything that is why. I knew you will feel hurt if I had told you." she explained, "And this is the last thing I want to be explaining right now." "I wouldn't have felt this bad if you had shared this with me earlier. I had the right to know." I said. "Well, there is nothing we can do about it know." she said sounding upset. That was quite true, it is just that I couldn't accept that she had hid such a big part of her life from me. I had been open about everything to her from the start.

Narrator's POV

One morning, at school one tenth grader called Subbu had parked his cycle in the spot where Srihari always parks his bike. Subbu had the sort of cowardly look, which encouraged people to bully him. Abhinay, wanting to get back on Srihari's good side, went and ordered Subbu to move his cycle from that place, saying it was Srihari's parking spot. "It doesn't have his name on it, my spot is wet because of the rain, this a free country right?" Subbu said defending himself. Abhinay and Subbu continued to argue. Srihari came and asked Subbu, "Which, is more costly, your ugly broken cycle or my bike." "My cycle is antique, my grand father used to ride it." Subbu said proudly. Srihari pushed him and his cycle down, he parked his bike in his usual spot, then went inside, leaving poor Subbu collecting his wet books and trying to repack them.

Subbu's POV

By the time I got to English class, I was drenched. My important maths assignment was slightly crumbled. It was all because of those bullies. I was 5 minutes late for class. I went inside hoping I will be excused since I am a first time offender. "May I come in?" I asked. "Is this the time you come to class." Shiva Sir asked, he seemed to be in a  very bad mood today. "This is the first and last time I am coming late, I will tell you what happened. First I parked my cycle in the only dry place I could find..." Before I could complete he stopped me and said. "Subramanian, you are a good student, if you yourself behave in such an irresponsible manner, what should I expect from others. I cannot allow you to sit in class today. Stay outside." I was very upset, but continued standing outside.

Then I saw Srihari, he had heard me trying to rat him out, he was walking around the corridors. He came towards me and said, "Are you in second grade or something, still trying to complain. Stay away from me or next time I am going to throw you in the rain, not your books." I could not tolerate these threats, I went into the class and said, "Sir, a twelfth grader bully is scaring me sir. He wants to throw me in the rain." "I cannot do anything about it, go back outside. Don't waste anymore of my time."  he replied rudely, not understanding. The whole class except Sreeja was laughing at me now. Sreeja came to me during the break and asked me what had happened. When  I told her, she said she will tell her cousin about it, and that he will stop anybody from bothering me.

Srihari's POV

I saw Sreeja and Subbu a guy I had bullied today, coming to my class. "What do you guys want?" I asked. "Haven't I told you to stay away from me?" I said looking at  Subbu. That guy was only in tenth and had the guts to keep his cycle in my parking spot. I pushed him out of the class and told him not to trouble me. "Don't hit him." Sreeja said. "I like him." this sounded so unexpected. "Wait do you like her." I asked Subbu pushing him again. "No, I don't like her." he said and tried to go away. Sreeja stopped him and asked "You don't like me? then why did you ask me to be your partner for the project? Why did you share your lunch with me? Why did you give me a romantic poem you wrote?" He then said, "See it is not that I don't like you-". "So, you do like her and you lied to me, is it?" I asked. "First you steal the spot which was saved for my majestic bike, for your ugly cycle, then you give her romantic poems, and then lie to me about it. Do you honestly feel I should let you go now?" 

"No, I am sorry let me go. Please, I will not talk to this Sreeja again." he said trying to wink at her. He was very bad at winking. Sreeja looked upset. Subbu soon started crying like a toddler, I asked Sreeja, "You were happy when I beat up Jasper. Now why are you upset." She didn't reply. I wasn't actually scaring Subbu as a revenge or something, his reaction is just funny. I didn't want to be seen with a toddler so I left the place.