Pallavi

Pallavi's POV

I was waiting outside the police station hoping I would be granted permission to see my father. He has been held in this station for a couple of days now. I knew he was innocent, he has been to prison multiple times. The accusations on him kept adding on. My step-mom says it has been going on since I was three, when he was first arrested for assaulting an SSP. Probably because he has a bad company. I had missed him very much, and had always wondered whether we will ever have a happy future together. 

As I was waiting with a bit of hope, I saw a very popular guy from my school standing quite nearby. I have had a huge crush on him ever since I saw him in school, but I have never had the courage to go talk to him. He was tall and attractive, and had the cutest smile ever. He had sharp eyes, into which I would like to look forever. He had a strong, masculine body. Some people have told me that he was way out of my league, but I didn't believe them. I didn't know if now was a good time but I knew if I procrastinate I may never talk to him. "Hi" I said shyly. "Do you know we go to the same school, I have seen you around, you won first place in that drama competition right?" I didn't know how it sounded.

"Oh I have never seen you, you don't even look familiar." he replied. Maybe I was too quick, I should have phrased it in some other way. A few moments later he asked me, "What are you doing around here, do your parents work here, they will probably be working under my mother." I nodded. I didn't want him or anybody to know my father was in prison. I will share these things with him later.

Narrator's POV

Srihari had been waiting for his mother for a long time, he was happy, a girl had come and had spoke such good things about him. It will be something good to boast about in school. Then, Akhila walked outside and looked at the girl in bewilderment, she asked who the girl was to Sub inspector Prem. "That is Kalai's daughter ma'am." he replied. "She has been asking to meet her father for a couple of days know." "Ok let her meet him, but only for 2 minutes not more than that." Akhila ordered.

Pallavi went inside to see her father, and once again was extremely upset seeing his condition, she begged him to look after his health, little did she know he was indulging in harmful practices like drugs, even when he was in prison. Kalai told his daughter not to worry, since he was fine and nothing would ever happen to him. He also told her it was his destiny, and that she should be happy and take care of her mother.

Outside, Srihari asked his mother, "Why is she only allowed to see her father for only two minutes. I see you whenever I want right, is it not a bit unfair. Is her father's work that hectic?" Akhila was confused she said "My dear, if her father worked here, she can see him, but that is not the case, her father is a prisoner. He is the man who scarred my arm that day when you were young, he has ruined his own life that way, thus it is affecting his daughter. That is not all do you know how many times he has been in and out of prison? Anyway, it does not matter. By the way, why were you talking with that girl?"

"No this is the first time I am talking to her." Srihari replied feeling a little bad for that girl. "Well don't talk to her hereafter. Already that Abhinay is being such a bad influence, there are a lot of good kids in school with whom you can hang out." Akhila replied. Srihari nodded in agreement. They then went to buy the shoes. Srihari could not choose between three of those shoes so Akhila ended up buying all three. "Now you will have plenty of time to choose which one you want to wear." Akhila said with a smile.

Sreeja's POV

I went to my friend's birthday party, even though I had a TriMaths competition the next day, honestly the party was only for two hours. I did enjoy maths, but only as a subject and had no interest in taking part in such competitions. It was my uncle, Krishnan also my maths teacher who enrolled me for these competitions, he says "Good brains shouldn't be wasted." I agreed to this as well but he crossed the limit when he forbade me to go to this party and actually came there, took me home and asked me to prepare for the competition. I rarely get invited to anybody's birthday. He had to ruin this rare occasion as well, I guess nobody will call me to their party after this. Almost the whole class was there, they already see me as a geek. I desperately wanted to prove that I can be cool like them too.