All Sorts Of Things Happen

Sriram's POV

My life has never been great, but it is much worse now, I was grounded until one month after my public exams. But those things do not matter that much, I have no idea how I will show my face in school after this, I have become extremely unpopular in school, even Raju did not want to be seen with me in public, thankfully school will be over in a month. I had the largest shock, when I went for extra classes, I went there only because I wanted to get away from my family. 

I blinked to check if I was seeing things correctly. Mukul walked inside school holding Priyanka's hand, he then dropped her in her class. Mukul got a girlfriend before me! This was the last thing I expected. That is why Priyanka was avoiding me. 

Narrator's POV

Few months later

Pankaja and Krishnan finally got married. After the marriage Krishnan got a happy surprise, he realized Pankaja was not much different than him, she had OCD as well. She on the other hand, met with a lot of disappointment, seeing what a mess Krishnan's house was. When she hinted moving out, at least after one year, Krishnan disposed this idea at once, he said "We too have rights over this house or Shiva will get to enjoy alone, we cannot sell this house right now, because my brothers' families prefer living here. If we talk about moving out it will lead to problems, anyway it will cost a lot if we move out, we can save instead." Pankaja was slightly upset but got over it soon.

Sriram soon went to college, he was happy he found a college quite far from home. Honestly Vijaya and Gopal were the only ones who missed him. Srihari moved into his room soon after he left. Akhila reasoned saying that since the room will be empty most of the time, it makes sense that the room should be utilized optimally. 

Akhila's POV

I went to the kitchen and found Srihari crying holding an empty ice cream box. "What happened" I asked him. "Someone ate my ice cream. I was waiting till after dinner to enjoy it, because you told me to, now someone ate it." he replied. "Probably your father honey" I said wiping his tears. I asked Shiva why he ate Srihari's ice cream, couldn't you get yourself ice-cream. It was such a huge tub couldn't you at least leave some for him."

"It was limited edition double chocolate, and we are pregnant right? that is why I was stress eating." Shiva stated. "Me being pregnant has no effect on you, what is wrong with you?" Srihari was still crying, I consoled him and took him to the nearest ice cream store to pick out that same ice cream flavor.

We went to the diary shop. As Srihari chose his third ice cream, I saw a sketchy man trying to grab a bottle of milk from an old man. The man was quite dull. He looked young though. He almost pushed the poor senior citizen. I went and stopped him. I said to him "This man is a senior citizen, you can easily go to the next store to buy some milk, let him take it. Or just buy one of these bigger cartons."

"Mind your own business lady, stay away. Stop poking your nose in other people's business." he said. "You don't tell me what to do, I think you don't recognize me, I am SSP Akilandeshwari, let the old man take the milk." I said angrily.

The man looked extra tensed up and pushed my hand away scarring my arm. Srihari started crying from behind, scared. I should not have brought him here. I told him to stay in the corner, behind the counter. The man tried to escape but I stopped him until the security grabbed him. I called the nearest police station. I noticed a symbol on his bracelet that scarred me. I was sure he belonged to some sort of illegal activity group. I ordered the security to check him.

 Just as I had guessed they found heroin in his bag. I had stayed away from getting deeply involved in such cases after starting a family. I went to Srihari and consoled him. "Your hand is bleeding." he said crying. That is when I noticed the cut. Soon a group from the police station arrived, they gave me first aid. Shiva and Gopal arrived at the scene. Gopal took Srihari home. I promised Srihari that I was going to be okay and told him I will be home to tuck him into bed. Shiva insisted on coming to the hospital, and then to file the case.

Kalai's POV

What have I gotten myself into? I had several thoughts as I was pulled into the police car. I thought about when I would be home, if at all ever. What I worried most about was Pallavi, she does not have dinner if I am not there with her. I just hope she is ok. I didn't mean for things to go this far. I thought of how I got into this mess...