Jealousy, disappointment and a wish

6 months later

Narrator's POV

It had been a few months since Akilandeshwari and Shiva got married. 

Rajagopal's POV

I had been wanting to tell my family this special news for a very long time now. It was unexpected and out of the blue, but I knew that now was the best time to tell them about Sathya, the beautiful woman I was in love with. I guess most of my family knew who she was. She worked as an art teacher in our school. She was the most soft hearted and adjustable person I have ever seen. I was sure I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

That day at the dinner table when everyone was gathered together I made the epic announcement with great excitement. "I am in love with-"

"Sathyavati" stated Krishnan, my second older brother. "I had honestly expected something more surprising."

"This is what the students were discussing while I was taking class. I guess the students are bound to fail if they are discussing the love story of their PE coach and art teacher while I was teaching trigonometry."

''Oh... you all know" I sighed feeling disappointed.

"Not sure if this will help, but I got to know only last week, that too from Raju, so I guess the whole school knows by now." Sriram added.

"It is just like Raju to poke his nose in everybody's business, I wonder why you guys are still friends. He is a complete nut case and such an idiot." said my sister.

I was not sure why Vijaya hated him so much, not that I (or anyone but my younger brother) was fond of him.

"At least he is much better than your friends" said Sriram. "Most of them are hooligans. Besides you are mad at him, just because he told me you had a crush on Vikram"

"Who is Vikram.. and you are just thirteen, I only had my first crush when I was seventeen." Shiva stated proudly.

His wife turned to him and asked "Who was that?" in her usual stern voice.

I knew I had to change the topic, since I wanted to avoid any commotion.

"I was thinking of proposing to her." I started hoping someone would actually care, or they probably knew that as well.

"That is great news." said Krishnan.

Sriram turned to to him and asked, who are you going to fall in love with, the chemistry teacher." Everyone started laughing, except for Krishnan.

"Shut up!" he said "the chemistry teacher is a senior citizen."

Krishnan's POV  

I admit that I was slightly upset that I was not in a relationship yet, while my younger brother is already getting engaged. The students from my class have started to make crazy theories that I might be gay or something. (I am not). Kids these days talk nonsense. It is just that I am happy being single, I have heard tales about how one could lose all his freedom after marriage, and I am honestly afraid that it may happen to me. I am not 100% against marriage since the situation in our house has become a lot better after my brother's marriage. 

Akilandeshwari's POV

Life after marriage as people say has its own ups and downs. This family was totally, definitely out of control, I know they have been through a lot, but they have to understand that they were all going through the same thing and should not be ignorant towards each other. I am not exaggerating or anything but managing this family is much harder than managing the law and order of the entire city.

I know its been only a couple of months after marriage, not to offend Shiva or anything but the main reason for me marrying him was because I wanted a child. Shiva is a great husband, and I am very happy to have him in my life, but a child would be the only one who could complete my life. Shiva and I have discussed this several times and I do not forget to include this in my prayers everyday.