The End Of Jasper

Sreeja's POV

I started hating school because of Jasper, I tried to stay with a friend all the time. One day I arrived at school early, because I was yet to submit my science project. That morning Jasper kept following me, there were not many teachers around so, I couldn't go sit in a classroom. The elective room was always occupied, so I went there. Jasper followed me there as well. He started pleading again, then he started threatening me again! "How many times should I ask you, you don't deserve a great guy like me. Are you going to kiss me or should I kiss you?" 

Narrator's POV

The classes had not started yet, Srihari, was chatting with his friends when Abhinay came out nowhere and confronted him. "You are the worst friend ever. After valentine's day I realized that I do not need you anymore. I will go find a new group of friends who will be more popular than you people." the class was mostly empty so, Abhinay approached the first guy who caught his eye. "Hello Selvam, would you like to be my boss from now on." Abhinay asked. "At least can I finish my breakfast." Selvam asked lazily. "You can have my breakfast as well." Abhinay said. Selvam agreed happily. Selvam was a cautious, over weight teenager, he stayed away from the rest of them most of the time. He seemed happy to find a friend in Abhinay.

Meanwhile Srihari and his friends, Tanisha, Satish, Shweta and Bushan didn't want to talk in the class as many people started coming, they went looking for a quieter place. They went to the elective room. There they saw Sreeja crying and Jasper threatening her. Srihari went to Jasper and said, "Leave her alone, can't you see she is afraid. Leave right now." "Who are you, her boyfriend?" Jasper asked. "I said leave!" Srihari said pushing Jasper away, Jasper tried punching him, but missed and punched Bushan instead. Srihari started beating up Jasper. While his friends were cheering him. The classes were about to start everybody left the store room, except for Jasper who had a nearly broken hand. "Do not even think of approaching Sreeja or any other women without her consent ever again." Srihari said. "I don't think he can, let him stand up first." Bushan said. Tanisha and Swetha were giggling in the back.

Gopal's POV

I went to the elective room thinking I left the teams list there, but there was no teams list, there was only a Jasper laying on the floor holding his arm. "Who did this to you." I asked him. "It was that idiot Srihari, the school bully. I did nothing." I took him to the nurse room. The poor boy was just another victim of Srihari. I would have complained if some other guy behaved this way. Today when I was sitting in the classroom I somehow let it slip to one of my colleagues. "This matter must be dealt with." she said and called Shiva, he gave a not so serious reply, "Ma'am I will come after forty minutes, I just started taking class." The senior teacher got angry by this, and reported the matter to the principal who was new there.

Srihari's POV

I was called to the principal's office, while I was having an intense argument with Krishnan about why his techniques were old. He was happy when I left his class. The principal told me I will be directly suspended unless I brought my parents tomorrow. "Why" I asked. "For beating up Jasper." she said plainly. I could tell her the whole story, but Sreeja didn't want anyone to know about the whole thing, so I just said "He deserved it."

Back at home, everyone were angry, when my mom came they told her the story. She looked upset. "Why the hell, did you beat up that Jasper, the boy is still at the hospital, is this how I raised you?  Gopal told me everything. You could be arrested for this if you weren't a minor." she yelled. Sreeja came and stopped her, "It was because of me, Jasper is the guy who had sent me flowers on valentines day, he started threatening me after that, he said I had to accept his love. That is why Srihari confronted him. He was the one who started the fight." 

Akhila's POV

I was relived that nothing was Srihari's fault. I felt bad for Sreeja, I asked Gopal, why he was giving me half stories. Gopal said, "I didn't know any of this." he looked at Sreeja and asked "Why did you not tell me?" Sreeja did not reply. I told Gopal "Why did you expect her to tell you, you were sitting in the same school half the day, you don't know what is happening there? That too with your own daughter." 

We went to meet the principal the next day, Sreeja told the principal everything. The principal who looked very unexperienced said, "Ok I understand, except you should not have beat him up, you should have reported it to some higher authorities." "Higher authority? Shouldn't you have stopped such things from happening in your school, Do you know what will happen if this matter reaches the parents." I asked. "Ok, We are not suspending him, but this can't be left unpunished right?" she said. "He should be removed from the football team." Srihari stood up and said, "You don't have to remove me! I quit. I don't want to be in Gopal's team any longer." The matter was settled and Jasper left the school soon after that.

Gopi's POV

Today was a great day. Gopal left his closet door open. I saw one of the hard shoes and couldn't resist. I played tug of war with myself and had fun tearing the shoe. I was a bit scared when I heard footsteps. thankfully it was Srihari. I had a bigger surprise when instead of scolding me. He gave me treats and called me a good boy. Before Gopal came home, we both left for a walk. We came back only at dinner time, nobody suspected that I did it.