Krishnan Is Jealous

Gopi's POV

I was looking for treats around the house, when I finally found one under the couch, I grabbed it from the floor, ran to Krishnan's room and ate it on his bed (the other beds were not clean enough for me). When I first came to this house, he never even allowed me to come inside his room, but these days his wife and I sleep on the bed while he sleeps on the floor. He does enjoy my company, I like to sleep under the desk while he is writing on the papers which I will pee on later. 

Krishnan's POV

Pankaja and I recently learnt Adithya was slow in learning. It might have been because he hadn't been educated at the home. Pankaja had quit her job so that she could spend more time with him and help him with studies as well. I volunteered to help him, as Pankaja believed in a slower process. One evening, I asked Adithya to come and learn addition with me. "I don't want to, I can't understand what you say." he said. "You have to learn addition right? The other kids at school already know." I said firmly. "I don't want to learn with you. You always shout. I will learn from Srihari" he said, beginning to cry. What does Srihari know? He was literally failing maths for five years.

Pankaja came to me and said, "Don't yell at him, he is just a child, let him learn from Srihari if he wants to. You are good at maths but not at teaching young children." I reluctantly agreed. Adithya soon told me Srihari had taught him how to do addition and subtraction with beads. I wanted to ask what beads were for, it was maths not jewellery making, but I didn't want my son to call me a boomer so I didn't. "What are the beads for?" I asked Srihari one day not able to resist. "Oh that is material based learning, You are a boomer so you won't understand I saw it while my tuition master was teaching a few first graders.

I got annoyed when that idiotic tuition master was mentioned what did he know that I didn't. When Srihari went to tuition the next day, I too followed him there.

 Narrator's POV

When Krishnan went to that tuition center and introduced himself as a maths teacher who was interested in learning new techniques the tuition master understood what was going on, he didn't want to share his techniques with anyone, so he came up with a plan. "Ok students, everyone take out your phones and start playing videos games." the students followed it at once not wanting the tuition master to change his mind. Krishnan was shocked. 'Is this what modern techniques were' he thought. The next day, when he entered the classroom he said, "Today I have decided not to be a boomer anymore. I will use modern techniques. Take out your phones and start playing video games."

Everybody was shocked except Srihari and Satish who went to the same tuition, they both knew what was going on and tried to control their laughter. Srihari realized he had some incomplete homework, but when he took out his notebook Krishnan stopped him he said, "You are supposed to play video games on your phone, how else can you learn maths?" Srihari realizing the homework will not matter anymore agreed and started playing video games.

Srihari's POV

I was doing my homework, when Adithya came running and asked me "What is gay?" Not wanting to explain I asked "Who thought you that?" "Sreeja and Sharada were talking about gay." he said. I went and asked them why they couldn't talk softly and whether they wanted to explain what gay was to Adithya. They refused. I wanted to properly illustrate what gay was. I video called Abhinay as I knew he was with Selvam his new friend. And my guess was right. I pointed to my phone and said, "Look Adithya these people are gay." "We are not gay." Abhinay said. "Aren't we?" asked Selvam looking confused. Abhinay finally understood why a guy from the corridor had asked him where his boyfriend was. He told every girl around that the question was meant for them. He was wrong. the whole school knew Selvam was gay except him. Some people wounded up thinking Selvam and Abhinay were a couple. Well Abhinay was straight.

My mom took a day off today and was picking us up from school today. When we got inside the car Adithya was looking outside the window and saw Abhinay walking by. "Hey, gay." he said pointing to the Abhinay. Thankfully Abhinay didn't notice. My mom asked him, "Who is teaching you such things?" "Yes Adithya, tell her who you heard these things from." I explained not wanting to get caught. "These girls were talking about gay." he said pointing at Sreeja and Sharada. My mom told the girls angrily, "Kids his age do not understand these thing fully. Pay attention to what you say when he is around." I was happy and thought him a few new nicknames as well. I also told him that if anyone ever asks, all he should say was, gay had thought him all these things.