Valentine's Day

Srihari's POV

I was having a mega argument with Krishnan, he kept saying I was failing his class on purpose, the truth was he just sucked as a teacher, and took happiness in torturing the students. That is what I told him. I also told him that is why I get good marks in all other subjects. My mom asked us why we were arguing. I told her what had happened and she was on my side. She asked me if I needed extra help in maths. "I know a tuition Centre nearby, Mahesh's niece went there and she is studying in MIT now." she said. Krishnan replied to this by saying, "Why do you have to waste money and go to a tuition Centre." he turned to my mother and said, "I can help him with maths at home, if he is ready to cooperate."

"It is your teaching skills that kids don't like." my mom said (Thankfully). "This tuition master is known for his modern techniques." Even though, I didn't want to spend evenings doing maths, I desperately wanted to prove to Krishnan that he was the problem, not me. So, I agreed to go to this tuition. The tuition was actually good and helpful, I could see that my grades began to improve after I started.

1 year later...

Abhinay's POV

I was talking to Srihari, but I noticed he was not listening, he was revising something quite seriously. "So even after I got slippering, yesterday I am still going to bunk tuition today." I said proudly. "Why aren't you listening to me." I asked. "Can't you see I am busy, We have a test today, instead of making plans to bunk tuition if you study, you may actually pass." I am not going to follow this anyway.

It was maths class next, I couldn't understand algebra, so instead I started doodling on my maths textbook. I drew a 3D 5x which was pointing a knife at Krishnan who was trying to escape. Sadly, I got caught and he started yelling at me. He said if I focused on what he was teaching I may be able to clear the exams, I guess he was extra angry as I didn't draw his mustache properly. "I don't need maths in life, I am going to become a doctor anyway." I said. "Even to measure medicine you need numbers. You need maths to do any job." he said. I was not going to give up. "Ok, I will become a vegetable vendor." I said. Half the class started laughing. "You will need maths to count your money." he said.

"Fine, I am going to become a servant who sweeps houses, do we need maths for that? Do we need maths for that!" I asked smartly. "Oh, I guess you are right, I will fire my maid, you can come sweep my house from tomorrow, you will need the practice anyway." The whole class started laughing. Krishnan, the boomer had succeeded in making a joke at me. I was extra upset watching Srihari laugh as well. "Even your friend is studying nowadays, you should start as well, you guys will be in 12th soon." he said. I heard he was too proud of his joke that he repeated it in three other classes. Anyway, It was valentines day and I am going to make my friends jealous by telling them I have a hot girlfriend (in my imagination).

Sreeja's POV

While Krishnan was repeating some story about how he had destroyed Abhinay in his previous class, Jasper asked for my calculator. He returned it in a moment,  I couldn't understand what it said. Fathima, my bench mate asked me to turn the calculator upside down, "He is saying he loves you." she said, I read it as IEOVEU. Jasper has been troubling me for a past few weeks, he texts me with different accounts every time I blocked him. I knew he will be too much today as it is valentine's day. I hated Jasper and tried to stay away from him as much as I could. He had eyes that were really close together, and stares at me in the weirdest way possible. After I went home I saw that he had sent me a bouquet, I didn't bother to pick it up.

Shiva's POV

I wanted to be romantic this valentines day, as I realized my marriage sucked. I tried slipping a note in Akhila's coffee, luck was not on my favor so the note fell inside, she was irritated and shouted, "Who had put paper in my coffee." I decided to buy her roses, but at that moment I noticed she was shouting, "If I see anymore flowers in this house I will burn it, along with the person it belongs to." I knew this was not a good idea. I don't think Akhila had ever been romantic in her life. I decided to spend the day, buying heart shaped doggo biscuits for Gopi.

Akhila's POV

I was in in a bad mood since I had found a piece of scribbled paper in my coffee, then I found flowers in our doorstep, I looked at the address it came from, it was the same street that Pallavi lived in. I couldn't take it. I called Mahesh and told him giving the address "Go give these people a warning."

That night Sreeja came and thanked me because I got rid of her stalker or something. This was new to me, I asked her, whether she was having any trouble and if her parents knew about it. "No, but it doesn't matter now anyway." she replied. 

Narrator's POV

Abhinay told Srihari, "I have a cute girlfriend." he then said he was going to get some water from the kitchen, he grabbed roses from the dustbin and chased Sreeja around the hall, asking her to be his girlfriend. When she declined, he went and asked Sharada the same question, "Ok" she agreed happily. She was proud that she will be the first to have a boyfriend in her class. Srihari followed him upstairs and told him, "She is in 8th grade. Are you mad or something. Go find a girlfriend outside my house." Abhinay left sadly.