The birth

Akilandeshwari's POV

I went to my parents house since I couldn't bear anymore torture. I felt a little bad for Shiva but it was his family's fault. I can't risk my baby ending up like them. I felt much more comfortable in my parents house. There was no bickering. While I was resting in my room, Arjun, my brother came in. 

"Hey what are you doing here?" He asked unexpectedly.

"Well, this is my house as well, and did you go to that job interview?" I asked.

"Is this the first thing you ask your younger brother, when you see him after a long time?" he replied. "Shouldn't you be asking more caring questions like if I had lunch."

"I know you had lunch, did you go to the job interview?" I asked more impatiently.

"No those job timings do not match my preference, and anyway I am more of a business type. Dad said he is investing in my business."

"You already failed in your ventures twice, business is too risky, I will talk with that agency again and try to get you that job." I advised reasonably.

 "Third is a charm, this time my bussiness will succeed, anyway dad will invest in my business."

"You should not rob my dad like this." I said

"he is my dad too." he replied.

Our dad walked in and sat on a chair near the bed. I advised him not to waste money anymore in Arjun's ventures as they never end up successful, besides money may be required in case of an emergency and is not meant to be wasted this way.

I turned towards my brother and told him "When you tried that clothes business and it failed you kept all those clothes for yourself, similarly that barbeque machine you purchased, to start a fast food joint, that idea was not much of a success either, you just ended up eating corn on the cob everyday. I am telling you to get a job and settle down in life only because I care for you. I hope you will understand someday, I am done with this."

Narrator's POV

Days passed. Everything including Akhila's baby shower went on well. Soon she gave birth to a healthy baby boy. They decided to name him Srihari after Shiva's late father.

Akilandeshwari's POV

I was filled with immense happiness as I held my first child, and looked into his adorable eyes as he held my finger. I have never experienced such joy before, then I started thinking about it, I feared that my son may turn out to be like his father or one of his uncles. That house seems so harsh for my son, those people yelled at each other all the time. I felt the main reason for the family to be out of control was violence. I have to stop that from affecting my son.

Shiva's POV

I drove to the hospital, when I got the call telling me my wife went to labor. I was really happy, and relived that both my wife and child are ok. I went to the hospital room, and smiled at my wife and was about to carry my son in my arms.

 When Akhila looking solemn as ever told me. "I want one thing from you, I need you to make a promise."

I was shocked. "I need you to promise me that no matter what, you will never yell, punish or even think of raising your hand at my son." she continued.

"We can talk about that later, I mean he is just born right now, we have lots of time to discuss these things." I said not wanting to regret making a promise.

"No, this is really important to me, neither you, nor your brothers have control over yourself. I can't trust you having control over our son. My happiness lies only in his happiness, I want him to get everything he wants in life and I never want him to feel hurt. Just make this promise and we can have a happy future together as a family. Ever since we got married I have been treating your family the same way I treat my family, can't you take this one correct decision for me and our son."

I agreed and made that promise. I carried the baby. He was sweetest and most innocent thing I have seen, and felt great satisfaction as he slept in my arms.