Plans For The Future

Gopi's POV

All these people have been doing is fighting, for quite a long time. I don't understand what is troubling them this much. Did their treats run out or something? These people have really complicated lives. They are really hard to understand. First I see someone barking at everyone and then I see them crying and saying everything was their fault. Me on the other hand have a very simple and happy life. All I think about is, how to sneak treats when nobody is looking, and how to convince Srihari to take me on a walk and the most important thing 'Stella'.

Sreeja's POV

We had just finished tenth grade and the only thing everybody at school is discussing is what group we are going to take, some people find it important as it decides their future, others because it affects who their classmates are going to be for the next two years. I had decided to take pure science. It is because I want to study biology or psychology in the future. Everybody at school and home were shocked by this decision. My uncle Krishnan was very upset and disapproved my idea. "This group is taken only by people who cannot do maths. You're very good at maths. Even Srihari is going to do engineering. He doesn't study as much as you." he said. I had a though time explaining that these groups were not based on how smart people were, but on what they liked.

Gopal's POV

I had great news I had got a job at the veteran's training Centre. It may not pay as much as the school does but I guess it will be much better to work there rather than working with this new principal, who has no idea how this school had been functioning. Sathya too had decided to quit her job. She had got a job as an art teacher in a different school. We had been working together for almost 20 years, it feels weird to start working in different places. Krishnan told us the principal was shouting at him, asking him whether he was going to leave next.

"I have a lot of recruiting to do, because your family counted for most of my staff." she had told him. Shiva too was quitting, even though he had actually liked working with the new principal.  Unfortunately it seems like they are moving as Akhila had got a transfer. Sriram too was moving out. It was good that he wants to take up responsibility. Sathya and I had no plans of moving, at least until Sreeja finishes school. As Krishnan had said it will be a disappointment to sell such a big house. All we see is apartments nowadays.

Krishnan's POV

I  started feeling that I should spend more time with Adithya and get to know him and his interests more. After my fight with Sriram even Pankaja had told me that I don't spend much time with him and even if I do it is always about studies or things I like. When I said I do know him, she asked me things like, What his favorite food was and what bedtime story he liked the most. I didn't know the answer to any of this. "Parenting is a huge responsibility, we have taken this up together. You have to do your part." she told me. I understood my mistake and promised Pankaja I will spend more time with Adithya.

The next day, I asked Adithya "Can we go out and spend some father-son time?" "Where are we going?" he asked. "Wherever you want." I replied. "Really?" he asked "Are you not busy?" "No, we are going to spend the whole day doing things you like." I said. He looked really happy. He took me to an ice cream parlor. He ordered two ice creams. "How are you going to eat it both?" I asked. "This one is for you." he said handing me a red velvet cone with cholate chips on top, while he started licking his Belgium chocolate cone. "It is going to melt, eat it." he said. 

I had never eaten ice cream in my whole life, and didn't wish too. But I desperately wanted to keep my son happy. "do you not like the ice cream I got you." he asked. For the first time in my life I ate the whole ice cream. It was not a pleasant experience, he could have at least given me the other flavor. It was worth it when Adithya hugged me and thanked me for taking him out.

Pankaja's POV

Krishnan and Adithya have gone to the ice cream parlor, I was happy he was finally taking time to get to know our son. I had a word with Akhila today as we were both having an evening tea. "You are surely moving to Thane." I asked her. "Most probably." she said. "Krishnan has taken Adithya out today right?" she asked. "yes." I replied. "After me pestering him to." She laughed. "I am glad he finally took time to understand Adithya. All he does most of the time is ask what he was thought in school and ask him to study with him. He is too strict. I tried explaining how he should be more relaxed." I said. "Well, all these years you used to feel I was spoiling Srihari right? Now you too get upset if Krishnan is too harsh with your son." she asked.

 "Well I was wrong. I didn't understand things properly back then. The day I held Adithya in my arms for the first time. I had this great feeling, and immeasurable happiness. The feeling of motherhood. I guess it is quite similar to what you would have felt when you got to know you were pregnant. Even though I had not given birth to Adithya, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He had made me a mother." I exclaimed. "Hey its ok, motherhood is a wonderful journey. I couldn't stop feeling upset that Srihari was going to join NIT Trichy, if he gets an admission. Obviously I can't make him go to college in Thane, just because I don't want him to leave home, but I am sure he is going to be okay." she said. "Your both going to be ok." I said comforting her.