Gopi

6 years later

Srihari's POV

I was coming back home from Abhinay's place when I realized there was a Labrador puppy following me. I had wanted a dog for a very long time. Everyone at home were okay with it, except my dear uncle Krishnan, (I was being sarcastic he is actually my least favorite uncle). He was against it only because I wanted it. It was fate, this dog needed a home and it will be very wrong of me, if I didn't fulfill his wish. I could not wait to see Krishnan's face when I introduced him to this little guy.

I carried him home as I noticed there was a huge scar on one of his leg. I reached home, thankfully my mom was sitting in the living room (So nobody could yell  at me when they saw the puppy for the first time). "Everyone, meet Gopi" I said. Krishnan looked at him as if he was a piece of dirt and said "I am mentally allergic to dogs. Take it out this instant. If this dog is going to be here I will not stay in this house any longer." I knew it was an empty threat so I said "Well I will be happy to lend you my suitcase." as I placed Gopi right next to my mom. She used to have a dog when she was younger and it had passed away due to some sickness, that is why she had instantly agreed to my request.

"Oh he looks cute, but a dog is a big responsibility are you sure you can take care of one? We have to get it vaccinated soon and have to treat the wound on the leg." she  said as she started petting him, nobody could resist his adorable eyes. "Its ok, Gopi will be very good." I said. "Why do you call him Gopi give it a dog name like Cookie or brownie" my annoying sister Sharada suggested. "Shut up, Gopi loves his name besides the names you suggested were food names not dog names plus he is not your dog, he is mine. I will not share this dog with you like I share my mother with you, this dog is mine and only mine."

Soon Gopi was treated for his wound, he became a happy puppy and an irreplaceable member of our family.

Vijaya's POV

The whole family was sitting in the dining table as I had asked them to. Varadaraj, a guy from work had proposed to me and I had accepted it. I tried to convey this to my brothers in the most sweet way possible as I knew they were overprotective. Krishnan was happy I found a guy with a decent job and decent pay, the things Sriram lacked. They finally agreed to meet him. Sriram didn't know he was coming as he was in some Mukul's bachelor party in Gujarat, so he was surprised when Varadaraj arrived.

"Hi bro, didn't know you were coming. Why didn't you come to Mukul Sharma's Bachelor party." Sriram asked. Now I was shocked how did he know Varadaraj? "No it is because I am engaged now, that too to your sister. We are now officially brothers." he replied. "Hey super, Raju." Sriram said seeming happy to have a brother he actually wanted. "What do you mean Raju?" I asked confused. "Varadaraj what is he talking about?"

"Well, you didn't exactly ask me whether I have any nicknames, went to your school and college, or had a crush on you for thirteen years." he replied. I was angry he hadn't been completely honest, but after he reasoned with me I decided to forget about all this and continue my relationship with him. Honestly Varadaraj was much different from Sriram's dumb friend Raju, who had been trying to impress me all through school and college. 

As we were chatting, Krishnan said "You have a good job, a good salary, but are you good at other things and are you smart enough to marry my sister?" he asked, and asked him some annoying calculus question." "I have failed maths since first grade do you think I would know that answer." Varadaraj answered. Krishnan looked disappointed. "Actually Varadaraj is very interested in writing" I said changing the subject. "He is interested but is he good at it?" asked Shiva. "I am." Varadaraj said offended, I am actually planning to become a full time writer, this job is only a temporary thing, I have started writing my first book. Krishnan and Shiva could have at least tried to be happy for me, instead of testing Varadaraj, even Srihari was happy for me. Even Gopi was happy for me. He wagged his tail a lot after seeing him maybe because he snuck food to Gopi while having dinner.